Apple investigating WiFi connectivity issues on the new iPad

By Shawn Knight
Apr 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. An internal AppleCare document obtained by 9to5 Mac reveals that Cupertino is actively investigating WiFi connectivity issues on the new iPad. The memo instructs retail stores and contact centers to…

Read the whole story
  2. There is no problem with WiFi, if you are experiencing problem its the way you are holding the ipad, simply do not put your hands on the side because it interfere with the build in antenna ;)
    Apple will be offering special casing soon at a discounted price.
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,462   +289

Ugh. I know the site admin disagrees with my thoughts that these stories get published here just for hits. But I disagree. They are posted here simply because this is a tech site that is primarily a Windows using site, and thus a lot of the readership dislikes Apple.

Where were these stories?:
    Asus Transformer Prime Reboots Randomly
    Transformer Prime Decreased Battery Performance
    Those updates break root access
    Requires Rootkeeper workaround to restore root access
    ASUS Transformer Prime ‘lock-up’ problem to be fixed in February
    Transformer Prime, it's obvious that alot of people are still experiencing issues, mainly with WiFi and GPS

I found those in 5 minutes, looking at one iPad competitor. I challenge anyone that wants to bash the iPad 3 to find a competitor without their own issues.

//I do not own, nor do I plan to own any iPads. I'm just displeased at the pure anti apple groupthink that occurs here.
  4. m4a4

m4a4 TechSpot Addict Posts: 516   +137

The competition doesn't sell themselves as perfect, apple however tries to...
  5. SNGX1275

6. Hmmmmmm. 3g models are not affected? Let me see. It is because when your wifi is slow or not seen perhaps the device is being a smart *** and gets its data from let me guess 4g and you don't even notice to complain or care.
  7. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

No it's because the 3G/4G models have the Wifi and cellular radios covered with plastic instead of metal. Much less interference.
  8. m4a4

m4a4 TechSpot Addict Posts: 516   +137

@SNGX1275 Hahaha, that's good. I'm stealing that...

And regretfully I'm serious. I've seen too many people thinking that apple is perfect and infallible (heck, they even try to deny the whatever-gate issue hoping word doesn't get out, and they start believing it themselves)...
  9. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,145   +172

++

I lose count of how many times a MAC user quotes that line on me but they go quiet once you point out half a dozen show stoppers like "wifi broken" or "you need to use console to fix/do that".
  10. SNGX1275

I think you missed the entire point of my posting that 'srs' pic link.

Look at my first post in this thread, I just did exactly what you were saying, except the opposite, I just posted several links showing flaws in a direct competitor to an iPad. I even posted a half dozen... oh...
  11. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,145   +172

The competition doesn't make ridiculous marketing claims like Apple does though. E.g. "It just works". They keep repeating it and the sheeple believe. That's the point we are making.

There is competition out there. They have flaws. Apple has flaws. Just want people to open their eyes and not be blinded by Apple's holy aura.

12. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 960   +84

Why am I not surprised?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.