TechSpot

Apple iPhone demand may be slowing, mixed reports on the matter

By Julio Franco
Jan 14, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The iconic handset remains a favorite among consumers, let alone Apple fans, but according to a report from the Wall Street Journal, Apple may have overestimated demand for the device and is currently reducing orders of iPhone parts. WSJ cites...

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,207   +776

No matter what Apple tries they won't be getting my money. I'll stick with the competition thanks.

m4a4 likes this.
  3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,133   +731

Type in 'Teens think Apple is' into google. (Answer:They think it isn't cool anymore) I'm surprised TS hasn't run with this story yet, considering CNET, Neowin, Forbes, Yahoo and a few others all have. And that's just the first page of hits.

4. PC nerd

PC nerd TS Booster Posts: 326   +38

Apple don't deserve money.

The whole patent fiasco really shows what a corrupt and evil company they are.

SAMSUNG ALL THE WAY!

m4a4 and 9Nails like this.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,207   +776

Teens can be fickle, I know because I ended my teens almost 40 years ago but things were different back then, life was much simpler & better. Having said that I still have my old Apple IIe PC & Hi Fi (Blaupunkt Cosmos with analogue tuner, cassette deck & turntable) which I bought in the early 80's stored away in my garage. Just keeping them for posterity.

6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,834   +925

What's an "iPhone"?:confused:

7. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,286   +232

Ah, yes... Proof that market saturation and consumer product fatigue can happen to anyone, even Apple.

8. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,035   +914

The reason I got an iPhone is because I find Android is pretty unorganized in terms of an app eco system. The app store is filled with junk while the apple app store is clean. I am gonna get a Galaxy S4 next time... this iPhone 5 sucks... after a few months of having it I notice it feels quite generic

9. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,951   +388

ironically, thats the reason I GOT an android phone. The app store isnt monitored for things the phone developer doesnt like. In my opinion, android feels like a much more open (and therefore useable by me) OS.

10. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,035   +914

Yeah, I can understand that

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.