TechSpot

Apple now offers last compatible versions of apps for older iOS devices

By Justin Kahn
Sep 17, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple is set to launch iOS 7 tomorrow, and now the company is showing some extended support for those with older iOS devices. Users with older devices can now easily download a back dated version of an app from the...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,975   +908

This is very convenient for people with older devices.

3. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,827   +546

And it is even more convenient for Apple, now that they point finger at you saying "Your device is old, in case you forgot, time to spend on a new one".

JC713 likes this.
  4. JC713

Win win LOL.

5. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

I would love to download an older version of real racing 3 before EA screwed it up. too bad this only work for older device trying to install new software, and not the other way around.

6. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,921   +373

I feel like my problem with smartphones (and this is with all smartphones, not just the iphone)
    is that the software is changed or replaced too often, forcing things to become obsolete. And I know its intentional, but all its done is not make me buy into smartphones at all (well I have a smartphone, but its without a data plan and its mostly my ipod/mp3 player/whatever you want to call it.

7. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,551   +301

I bought a used and cracked screen iPod Touch 4th gen and yesterday I saw it had an update to iTunes Festival, I clicked on 'whats new' before updating, and it said something to the effect of 'compatibility with iOS 7'. So that is a worthless update for me since the 4th gen Touch won't run iOS 7. So while I think it is cool they are allowing you to get the last version that will run on your OS, they should take it another half step and not show you updates that require an OS you can't use.

8. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,921   +373

Ipod touch 4 doesnt support iOS 7? thats utterly rediculous. So much for me buying one.

9. JC713

The game was only good before the first update.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.