Apple unveils thinner iMacs, 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro and refreshed Mac mini

By Jos
Oct 23, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Apple kicked off today's media event with a handful of updates to the Mac lineup, as company executives warmed up the crowd leading up to the main focus of the event: the iPad. But other than the Mac mini, which...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,725   +874

The new iMac looks awesome. As for the retina display mac... Intel HD graphics isnt gonna cut it. not even a GTX 680 can play a game at those resolutions at high FPS...
  3. Raswan

Raswan TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 280

Because so many hardcore gamers buy Macs to play on...
    ghasmanjr and m4a4 like this.
  4. JC713

I am just making a point, no need to troll
  5. Raswan

Raswan TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 280

You weren't making a point. You were just saying nonsense things. 2560 x 1600 is a resolution so high you can't play any games with it? What year are you talking about? 1999? Then yes. 2012? Go check a benchmarks website if you don't believe me.

I WAS making a point though. No one buys a Mac, especially a 13.3-inch, to play games in a serious way. Just doesn't happen, unless the person doesn't know anything about hardware performance (like you). So no trolling here.
    carlwh123 likes this.
  6. JC713

say what you wanna say, I didnt say you cant play on that resolution, I just said that you will not recieve a preferably frame rate.
  7. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,385   +607

At least they followed a standard this time with the resolution, and didn't just make one up.
  8. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 892   +52

Updates are pretty much what was expected, not surprised to see the mac mini drop the discrete gpu.
  9. JC713

yeah, I still dont see any value in the imacs, in terms of graphics. I stilll dont get how macs are workstations. xD. a 512gb gt 640M... for 1300. and overheating is gonna be a problem
  10. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TechSpot Booster Posts: 363   +86

You didn't say you can't play on that resolution?
    Yes, you did.
  11. JC713

again... preferable fps... og course it can, but at high fps... I dont think so

12. I see several people comments at unknown9122 without reading his comment very well.. please read the WHOLE comment carefully before you guys posting your troll..
    UNKNOWN9122 likes this.
  13. JC713

Thanks man!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.