TechSpot

Apple v. Samsung super roundup: winners, losers, opinions, legalities, implications and more

By Julio Franco
Aug 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Even though Friday's ruling could be considered a landmark in the Apple v. Samsung case, the battle between the two companies is far from over, both in the U.S. and overseas, where it's estimated they are are involved in more……

Read more
  2. rvnwlfdroid

rvnwlfdroid TS Rookie Posts: 80   +6

The only question I have is what "guideline" was used when the jury was picked? Do they have to be indifferent to either side, have no previous knowledge of the case, not own or have working knowledge of the devices being discussed? If that is the case then...... I'm just thinking along the lines of a criminal court and how a jury gets picked.
  3. RubinOnRye

RubinOnRye TS Rookie Posts: 56

A little intelligence goes along way. I am guessing the Jury didn't have any because both of their devices are nothing a like.
  4. I would actually recommend reading the Groklaw article, if you don't exactly know all the details. There were so many mistakes done, that I think this case is a tossed one. On the simple note that a jury usually isn't capable of handling, large corporate patent cases such as this one. Otherwise it would be pretty much mindless work, to pass judgement on these kinds of cases.
  5. mosu

mosu TS Enthusiast Posts: 303

It only shows how stupid we are.Some people work hard and the only thing broken is the legal system which thrives on them.
  6. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 342   +56

Yea 700 questions in 21 hours or 1.8 minutes per question, yea they sure thought very hard about the answers to every question.
  7. The winner : Apple ( the Company), Windows Developers, Windows Phone Hardware Maker companies

The loser: Samsung.

Google, be prepared, the apple is coming, and with it's limitless apple zombie fans.
  8. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,065   +704

Good suggestion... one thing that stood out to me was the juror who said that the Billion dollar settlement was done to 'send a message'. but the law states that the dollar amount in a case like this is supposed to be based on lost revenue not on what you feel is a fair punishment. They completely missed the boat on that one.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.