TechSpot

As Beats streaming goes live, predecessor MOG Music gets shut down

By Justin Kahn
Jan 21, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. As Beats launches its new music streaming service today, it is shutting the doors on MOG, another streaming service that it acquired back in 2012. Now the company is ready to migrate its user base over to the newly launched...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,082   +920

People are complaining that the audio quality is significantly worse under Beats versus under MOG.

3. So their existing customers get a free month but have to wait two months to try the service. That is a pretty shabby way to treat your customers who really should be the first to be migrated to the new service (and perhaps serve as pre-launch beta testers). Knowing that I eventually need to find a replacement for MOG, but unable to sign up to Beats until mid March, I may as well spend those two months trying out the other competing services. Short sighted on Beats part.

4. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,192   +246

Looks like Beats streaming is the worst thing on google play with not too many happy customers not a good start but a good way to keep your competition brimming with more users.

5. By not giving mog users ability to transfer their playlists, they give them no reason to choose beats. if we have to start over, why choose beats? especially when beats is the service that took everything away. if anything, by refusing to come up with a way to do that, they further alienate mog users; effectively forcing them to another service.

6. Just heard. Wont be switching to Beats. I loved MOG, why they heck can't business leave the products I like alone? I was a Spotify user until they forced integration with Facebook...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.