Assassin's Creed Very Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritwik7

I'm playing Assassin's Creed on an AMD Phenom II X3 720 and HD 4890. The whole game seems to run very slow and feels laggy at 1280x1024. Reducing the res or settings doesn't seem to make it much smoother. I have 2GB of DDR3 RAM. All drivers are the latest. Games like Crysis Warhead, Modern Warfare 2, etc. run smoothly when maxed out at 1280x1024.

Any ideas? Looking for all the help I can get.

Although 2GB of RAM is the minimum, 3GB is recommended. Perhaps that will help. Also, there is a game patch out but I don't think it has anything to do with your problem.

hey Rit,
I would get another 2gb of ram in there, but i wonder if a (or some files) have not become corrupt. try re-installing the game.

Well, I'm getting another 2 gigs of RAM today. Will update you guys on the situation.

Memory upgraded to 4GB. Hardly any performance benefits. The frames seem to fall whenever I face the vast open environments in the game. Any clues?

Maybe a file has been corrupted somehow. Can you try to uninstall and reinstall the game?

No more lag after switching to Windows 7 64 Bit. A little strange isn't it? Reinstalling the game on XP didn't fix it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back