Assistance Please -- Belkin 4 Port Router Model F5D5230-4

By ChaoticDude
Aug 28, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello -- I recently have had Cable Internet installed into my house and since then have been unable to send/receive any files in mIRC. The networks that I use are irc.dal.net and irc.phazenet.com -- I know that it has nothing to do with those two networks but it's just an FYI ...

I know that there is a way to configure the router to let me send files out. I can receive just fine ... But I can't send files out. I'm going to assume the way to configure this is in the Special Application Settings within the routers web-based configuration utlity. I don't quite understand how exactly to do this. I won't put my computer in the DMZ because I know there's a way to set up the router to allow me to do what I'm trying to do. The ports that I'm using for DCC chat and sends would be 1024-5000.

Would anybody please help me try and get this resolved so that I may send any files as necessary to people? Thanks in advance.

-Cha0ticDude
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.