TechSpot

asus a7a266 motherboard problem

By sabenfox
Dec 12, 2003
  1. Hello all. I have a asus a7a266 motherboard that i am having problems with. Every time the computer boots the bios starts and says a message that goes something like

"Message Center :

Your system case may be open or someone has tampered with your system, please check your settings"

it is something to that extent. The first time i checked it i made sure everything was fine and clicked to save the changes and rebooted. The machine did the same thing again. Earlier on i popped out the cmos battery and then put it back in cause i wanted to try and clear it becuase of i problem i was having, turned out to be a ram problem. Anyways now all it will do is continiously boot into bios and give me that error. I read that to clear my cmos i have to sauder two points together, but i have no clue how to sauder so i'm kind of stuck. I wanted to try to clear the bios to see if that helped anything but i can't find anything that tells me where the jumper is for it, even the manual online.
    Can anyone here help me please ?
    The information for my computer is below

Amd thunderbird 900mhz
    128 megs of sdram (133)
    10 gig hd
    creative soundblaster 16
    nvidia tnt2 video card.

P.S. i also thought about flashing the bios but i can't even get to that point, so that is out of the question

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Rather than clearing CMOS, there should be a setting in your BIOS that lets you de-/activate the system-intrusion warning. I don't have it in my BIOS (A7V333 mobo) so I can't give you the exact wording for it.
    Deactivate it and you should be done.

3. sabenfox

sabenfox TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 69

ya i looked for something like that, but to no avail. I ended up turning the option to halt on no errors, so that way it would continue to boot but it still gives me the intruder message. I even re-loaded the default settings and i still get the same message

4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Has it always given you that problem ?

According to the manual, if you do not use that feature, you must put a jumper over the pins to close the circuit.

[​IMG]

5. sabenfox

sabenfox TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 69

ok i was looking for the problem in the bios and not acutaly on the motherboard. I found the jumper and it is in fact not closed. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much dude, after my g/f gets done playing one of her games i'm going to close it and hook the computer back up. I looked online at their manual with adobe acrobat and i couldn't find anything. Anyways thank you so much !!!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.