ASUS A7N8X-X Power Switch Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, a friend and i are building a computer, we are both no strangers to this and we purchased an ASUS A7N8X-X. Our power supply(350W, RaidMax Swithcing Power), has a power switch on the back, when it is turned on, comp. runs all fans go(including cpu fan), and the Led in front lights and so does the HDD Led. Our Power Switch, and Reset Switch do not work. All of the connections in the book are same as markings on mobo. Can't get the computer Reset button, and Power button to work.

Someone help, Thanks.

It may be possible that your switches are faulty, have you tried placing a jumper on the power pins? If your machine does start up, it will turn off after 5 seconds, and you'll know your switches are bad. Otherwise, I have seen RAM cause this problem before. Possibly try reseating the memory or replacing it. Otherwise, I'd assume that the motherboard should be replaced.

Thanks PanicX. I wont get to try anything until sunday thats when i have the time with school and all. But i will try your suggestions and ill let you know. If anyone else has any other suggesteiopns incase these dont work that i could try, let me know. And does anyone know the tech support number for america for ASUS? when i call the one in the manual i get a fax line. Strange huh?

Thanks again.

I would make 100% sure that your connections for your switches are solid and correct. More than likely this will be your problem. RAM wont cause a non-powerup scenario, the machine will turn on a do a POST beep code saying your RAM is out of order (some boards require a sequence) or is installed incorrectly. (not fully pressed in the slot) Check for wire fray in your case, they may be shorting out before it reaches the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back