Asus Eee Pad Transformer's successor to launch this October?

By Emil
Aug 3, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The successor to the Asus Eee Pad Transformer will arrive in the next few months, says Asus Chairman Jonney Shih. In fact, it may just be two months away (October…

Read the whole story
  2. Morgawr

Morgawr Newcomer, in training Posts: 18

Asus pushed out a 3.2 update over the air a few days ago for the transformer...
  3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

I really like Asus. And this is exactly why.
  4. supertech

supertech TechSpot Member Posts: 81   +9

I really like mine but Andriod is super-buggy but that's not asus' problem.
  5. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,607   +80

Your correct the Android OS is based on 1.0, 1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.1, 2.3, and 3.x. Android developers just build it on top of the other OS versions. They should fix the issues first but they don't. Just release another OS version. Common trend with them now. So quick to release 3.0, now 3.1 then 3.2. 4.0 is around the corner but I like to see how many versions of 3.x will be out until 4.0 comes out. This tablet looks good and would be good choice for the 10" tablet. OS is the issue. Should be 4.0 will fix the glitches in 3.x or may not. Biggest issue across the platform is the memory and how it's released for app. There are more task managers, cache cleaners an etc on Android Market to try to fix these issues. FC (force close) is another issue. Best to press wait and wait for the app to release itself. Current Tegra2 MPU doesn't run at 1.5GHz only 550MHz dual core and when it's idles it runs only at 550MHz. Cortex A8 runs at 1GHz always. But the way the power management is these MPU (mobile processor units) run slower than they should. Thus to save on battery.
  6. bakape

bakape TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 123

Indeed. Love my Fusion EeePC.
  7. marveroluis

marveroluis Newcomer, in training

I live in Brazil and I am thinking of buying a transformer, I don't have accsess to wi-fi, can I still connect using the USB at the base with a USB modem from a phone company?
    Thanks

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.