Asus Eee PC 1008HA Mini laptop problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello my mother bought a Windows XP editition of a Asus Eee PC 1008HA from Englands Amazon, we live in Finland. She has used it only 4 times and now we have a problem.

When we turn on the laptop it starts to beep and brings us to the first screen which is gray and has at the bottom "press F2 to run setup and press tab to display bios post message".

It allows me to access both of these but this doesnt help because i can't go any further because of this;
Entering setup > never does it, stays on the same page.
Press ESC for boot selection popup menu > i press esc and it just tells me that i have selected the menu but still, stays on the same page.
Press F9 for system recovery > system recovery has been selected > doesn't do anything... stays on the same page...

I also bought a optical cd drive and put the recovery Cd in it and booted up the laptop but nothing happens... just that "boot selection popup menu has been selected" but it doesn't advance...

Please help us.

Contact Acer.
Look elsewhere on TechSpot for the report on Beep Codes... it will tell you what the beeps mean on your model.

Take out the battery
Take out any SD card out of the slot to your right side
Unplug the Unit
Press the power button for 20 to 30 seconds
Plugin the power cord but not the battey.
Turn the unit back on

Contact Acer.
Look elsewhere on TechSpot for the report on Beep Codes... it will tell you what the beeps mean on your model.

it just beeps constantly "beep..beep..beep..ect." and i can't find any reports on the beep codes.. thanks though.

Take out the battery
Take out any SD card out of the slot to your right side
Unplug the Unit
Press the power button for 20 to 30 seconds
Plugin the power cord but not the battey.
Turn the unit back on

I forgot to mention that you can't take the battery out of this laptop.

Thanks anyways..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back