TechSpot

Asus Express Gate won't install/run properly on Windows 7

By rvldj
Apr 20, 2010
  1. Hello,
    I have an asus motherboard M2N68-VM running under Win7 (64bits). When I install Express Gate I seem to have no trouble. It is enabled in BIOS. Yet, everytime I reboot it says that EG is not installed. My version of EG is not the latest and was intended for Vista, however, I cannot download the latest version of EG from this site (it stops after 304 kb). I would very much appriciate some help. Thx, rvldj

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,452   +227

I think you need to address the download problem first. If you solve that, the other problem may go away because there is a Windows 7 compatible file available.

Were you trying to download the 321.25MB file? I had no trouble getting past the 304KB point although I stopped the download since I have no use for that large file. Have you tried the different download sources?

3. rvldj

rvldj TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes, I was trying to download the large file. I know of only that one (I didn't find a lite version). I have tried to find different download sources but the only one I could find was the official mirror which had the same download problems. I welcome any suggestions. Kind regards, rvldj

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,452   +227

If you haven't already, try it again. Maybe they were having server problems at the time.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.