Asus intros 20" to 23.6" Designo MS Series displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Asus has unveiled a handful of LCD monitors in its new Designo MS Series. The lineup consists of the MS202 (20"), 226 (21.5"), 227 (22"), 236 (23"), and 246 (23.6"). The company reportedly looked to contrasting elements like binary (1 and 0) for inspiration in conceiving the strangely chic design of its new displays. Polarity is certainly a focal point in the Designo's engineering, straight edges paired with circles, and black complimenting white.

The displays measures about 16.5mm (.65") thick, and is propped up by a nifty "Ergo-fit" spherical ring that allows users to adjust the tilt angle with a single finger. The entire assortment of Designo monitors feature full HD 1080p resolution, a 50,000:1 contrast ratio, 2ms response time, HDMI, Asus Splendid Video Intelligence Technology, and boast a 40% power savings. There is no word on pricing or a launch date.

Permalink to story.

These look nice and have nice specs, thinking of getting the 23 inch version as i'm in need of a new screen, would anyone recomend a better screen than these for gaming? my budget is £400 max, anything less would be awsome, currently got an 19inch screen so anything bigger would be nice as well...

Hi Burty.
well 400 quid is about $540 USD yes?, this is a lot less (you could get 2) but an really very nice monitor, i realize you cant purchase from newegg, but if you can find it im sure you would be as pleased with it as I am,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001314

thanks red, yeak that is a pretty nifty screen! i might go looking for it over hear in england, thanks for the look out,

My, My........ It Certainly Is..... "Apple-esque" .......

Judging by the extremely fast response time, this looks to be another attempt at making a TN panel sow's ear into a silk purse.

it's probably another poor TN panel. manufacturers today are more focused on price than quality. i wish there's more choices out there for a half decent PVA panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back