TechSpot

Asus intros two new Z77 boards, one with native Thunderbolt support

By Shawn Knight
May 22, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Asus has added two new motherboards to their Z77 lineup that include support for Thunderbolt connectivity, the P8Z77-V Premium and the P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt. The Premium is an entirely new offering...

Read the whole story

2. I always see these articles and then look for them available online and cant ever seem to find the products that Techspot says "added to their lineup" and so on. I guess maybe when I think "added to their lineup" I think I can go out and by it then, but that's apparently my misconception.

I usually then tend to completely forget about these products, not always, but often.

3. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,968   +738

Most people who actually have an intention of buying hardware;
    1. Know where to look to find it, and,
    2. Have a reasonable expectation that product announcements usually precede widespread availability...a bit pointless putting out a product press release a couple of months after initial release just to ensure that every corner of the world has it on shelves

Too much aluminium in your diet, or not all that interested in the product to start with? Most of us contemplating the purchase of a $US300+ motherboard might actually manage to keep at least some degree of interest for the week or so before it starts hitting the shelves

4. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TS Enthusiast Posts: 274   +77

At $50/2m for a thunderbolt cable, on the PC it's dead before it's even started..

5. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,968   +738

New adopter tax. Care to guess how much a bog standard HDMI cable retailed for in 2005-06 ? How about $90 active DP adapters less than eighteen months ago- a part that's now sub-$30.

Probably an easier proposition to take the long view when it comes to new tech....not difficult to find failed would-be Nostradamus's on sites everywhere telling all and sundry that product X wouldn't have a viable future because of the prevailing conditions of the present.

6. bmaytum

bmaytum TS Member Posts: 42

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.