Asus k8v se deluxe, I get one, long, continuous beep when I power on.

By toddgrif
Jan 1, 2006
  1. I powered on my computer and was greeted by a continous, monotone beep that doesn't end until I power off, and I get no video out. There is power, I see all the fans moving and lights come on. I know there are codes to the beep like those posted here.
    I could not find any information about a long, continous beep that doesn't end. Does anyone know what this might mean?

My Motherboard: asus k8v se deluxe
    online manual is found here:
    I couldn't find any useful information on google with this, and I don't have the physical documentation on me now because I'm out of town for a while.

Things I did that might have contributed to the problem:
    -moved computer from one place to another (I do this all the time without problem but who knows?)
    -opened and cleaned the insides with one of those dust remover sprays (something I also do reguarly without problem)
    -removed the videocard and placed it back inside (which I do when I clean it)

I also posted this thread to this forum here:
  2. toddgrif

toddgrif TS Rookie Topic Starter

I found out I was getting the beeeeeeeeeeeeep because I forgot to plug the geforce 6800 gt's molex connector back in. This was definatly an amateurish mistake that I was embarrased to make, but when I hooked it back up properly (as I have countless times before) I no longer get any video out at all. This problem happens across multiple monitors, and I even swapped the video card with one I know works and still no video out. I am guessing somehow I damaged my motherboard so that the AGP slot no longer works
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.