Asus k8v se deluxe, I get one, long, continuous beep when I power on.

By toddgrif
Jan 1, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I powered on my computer and was greeted by a continous, monotone beep that doesn't end until I power off, and I get no video out. There is power, I see all the fans moving and lights come on. I know there are codes to the beep like those posted here.
    I could not find any information about a long, continous beep that doesn't end. Does anyone know what this might mean?

My Motherboard: asus k8v se deluxe
    online manual is found here:
    http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock754/k8v_se_dx/e1872_k8v_se_deluxe.pdf
    I couldn't find any useful information on google with this, and I don't have the physical documentation on me now because I'm out of town for a while.

Things I did that might have contributed to the problem:
    -moved computer from one place to another (I do this all the time without problem but who knows?)
    -opened and cleaned the insides with one of those dust remover sprays (something I also do reguarly without problem)
    -removed the videocard and placed it back inside (which I do when I clean it)

I also posted this thread to this forum here:
    http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...ight=wearedevo&postid=305733855#post305733855
  2. toddgrif

toddgrif Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I found out I was getting the beeeeeeeeeeeeep because I forgot to plug the geforce 6800 gt's molex connector back in. This was definatly an amateurish mistake that I was embarrased to make, but when I hooked it back up properly (as I have countless times before) I no longer get any video out at all. This problem happens across multiple monitors, and I even swapped the video card with one I know works and still no video out. I am guessing somehow I damaged my motherboard so that the AGP slot no longer works
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.