TechSpot

Asus lugs tons of ROG hardware to Computex

By Matthew
May 31, 2010
  1. Asus is showing off plenty of ROG-branded hardware at this year's Computex, including a desktop, notebooks, motherboards, and graphics cards. The company's CG8490 PC features Intel's new six-core i7-980X processor, 12GB of RAM, and a pair of overclocked Radeon HD 5870 graphics cards. Mobile gaming rigs include the 15.6-inch G53 and 17.3-inch G73Jw, which support 3D Nvidia graphics, USB 3.0, up to 16GB of RAM, as well as Intel's Core i3, i5 and i7 processors.

Read the whole story

2. At first, I thought it was something related to Alienware, haha.
    Thats a very similar case.

3. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,077   +84 Staff Member

Yeah, I suppose it is quite reminiscent of an Alienware chassis eh?

4. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 632

Looks like the computer eats at McDonalds every day or something...

5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,517   +318

It does look a fat alienware computer but from what the picture looks like its a solid build with fairly high quality materials, Reckon that could be quite the beast especially with water calling.

6. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,951   +388

those are some sweet specs there. that CG8490.

7. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 730   +30

i think that case is cool. It looks like Mechs should start rolling out of that hatch on the front - either that or it goes on a cylons shoulders. Top notch and very pretty. Probably an *** to carry around tho :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.