Asus N73 gaming notebook now available in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Debuting at CeBIT in March, Asus' 17.3-inch N73 gaming notebook is now shipping to US customers. Model N73JN-X1 is currently available through Newegg for $1,000 and offers a 1600x900 display, a 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 450M processor, an Nvidia GeForce GT 335M with 1GB of DDR3 VRAM, 4GB of DDR3 1066MHz system memory (supports up to 8GB), a 500GB 7200RPM hard drive, and a DVD burner.

Interestingly, there's no direct mention of Nvidia Optimus being present. Earlier reports indicated that the graphics switching technology would ship in many of Asus' upcoming entertainment notebooks, including the N73, and it would make sense to advertise that feature, if only for marketing purposes. We're guessing the notebook has Optimus, but it's just not included in Newegg's spec sheet.

Additional details include a 2.0-megapixel webcam, HDMI-out along with other conventional I/O ports, a six-cell battery, Windows 7 Home Premium x64, and a one-year accidental warranty.

Permalink to story.

Their LED/LCD have issues. Not even year yet! I got one now I am ready to send it back to them. They tell me on the phone how do you know it's the panel? Crazy CS their at ASUS. Won't buy another one. Stick with ACER/Gateway or HP, never have issues with them.

You do realize that Acer laptops have more problems than any other brand, right? The fact that Acer came to mind when you were trying to think of high quality PC brands proves you have no clue what you're talking about.

why is there no flushed glass panel over the screen????? WTF, did asus went backwards? The main options im lookin for is a glass panel. waited for the n73 for nothing, now i have to look at the n71

Not that the price isn't attractive, but for a 17.3", I think I'll stick to my G73 -- much faster cpu, much better graphics, far nicer monitor, more standard RAM, double the hard drive space.. I don't see the appeal of this downgrade. It's half the laptop for only a 33% cost savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back