ASUS NCLV-DS2 MB Adaptec AIC-7901 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

at work we have 6 server machines with ASUS NCLV-DS2 MB with AIC-7901 Ultra320 SCSI RAID controller. 5 of them work just fine, but the 6-th one I tried to get it up-and-running today, but when i turned on the machine it started to hiss very loud and continuous. On front, where the disk bays are, the first led blinks red. The server loads normally, meaning it loads the BIOS, finds all RAM memory, finds all network cards, and when I start the SCSI utility it also finds both disks that I have inserted. Everything looks good, but it doesn't stop making that loud noise and it doesn't stop blinking the red led in front. I tried swapping the disks in the bays but that doesn't change anything. I'm guessing that the problem is with the RAID controller. Does any one had any experience with this kind of problem? Please, any suggestions.

Thanks!

Isn't that just the sound of the CD going around?
You may need another CD/DVD Drive, they don't last all that long these days

Thank you for the reply, but it was a loud continuous beep. And i corrected the problem. One of my colleagues connected one of the fans in a wrong plug, the MB didn't detect that fan and was beeping. Now everything it's ok.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back