TechSpot

Asus' next-gen Eee Pad Transformer to be first Kal-El device?

By Shawn Knight
Aug 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia’s upcoming Tegra 3 quad-core mobile processor could debut inside the Asus Eee Transformer 2 tablet, multiple sources have told Fudzilla. The original Tegra 2-based Asus Transformer sold well based…

Read the whole story

2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,528   +324

Have to admit, that video makes it look mightily powerful :) although when he shows the scene when running on 2 cores it lags up then straght away says the production models will be 25-30% more powerful? i'm sure with that kind of increase the duel core would render decent frame rates?

3. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

That's absolutely incredible

4. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TS Enthusiast Posts: 248   +12

This is the tablet I'm waiting for!

5. make sure you get permission from dc comics if you haven't already done so, so you don't get sued :D

6. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Maniac Posts: 388

wow... Amazing... Any chance this chip will hit smartphones as well...? That would be EPIC.

Then of course, I can run around my apple friends saying HEY GAIZ I HAZ 4 CORES IN MAI PHONE WHAT HAS U GOT. lol.

But yes, onto proper matters, I never quite think i'd see a time when you'd have dynamic lighting in a tablet... but apparently I can be very wrong. As a game dev, I'm looking forward to it, and if Volumetric Fog is tagging along for a ride, oh all the better :D

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.