TechSpot

Asus' next-gen Eee Pad Transformer to be first Kal-El device?

By Shawn Knight
Aug 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia’s upcoming Tegra 3 quad-core mobile processor could debut inside the Asus Eee Transformer 2 tablet, multiple sources have told Fudzilla. The original Tegra 2-based Asus Transformer sold well based…

Read the whole story

2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,810   +570

Have to admit, that video makes it look mightily powerful :) although when he shows the scene when running on 2 cores it lags up then straght away says the production models will be 25-30% more powerful? i'm sure with that kind of increase the duel core would render decent frame rates?

3. KG363

KG363 TS Guru Posts: 514   +9

That's absolutely incredible

4. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TS Booster Posts: 248   +12

This is the tablet I'm waiting for!

5. make sure you get permission from dc comics if you haven't already done so, so you don't get sued :D

6. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Maniac Posts: 376

wow... Amazing... Any chance this chip will hit smartphones as well...? That would be EPIC.

Then of course, I can run around my apple friends saying HEY GAIZ I HAZ 4 CORES IN MAI PHONE WHAT HAS U GOT. lol.

But yes, onto proper matters, I never quite think i'd see a time when you'd have dynamic lighting in a tablet... but apparently I can be very wrong. As a game dev, I'm looking forward to it, and if Volumetric Fog is tagging along for a ride, oh all the better :D