Asus p4s800d-x

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxman

Hi folks!

Recently, I am replacing my Intel board with this ASUS P4S800D-X. I have Pentium 4 Northwood (SL6WU) 3.0 ghz processor. When I put this mobo together with the processor and connect it to my PSU, nothing shows up on my monitor. Ram has not been installed yet and no beep or anything on the mobo. Mobo turns on fine, and was able to start and stop without a hitch. Does anyone know if this mobo actually supports my processor? I am suspecting that the mobo does not support my processor. Does anyone know if the mobo actually does support my processor? Looking at the mobo, the CPU placement has different layout from my Intel mobo.

Any idea what is wrong here? Please provide me some inputs....

Thanks.

If your CPU has a 533 or 800MHz bus it should work with this board. Do you get any beeps? Have you connected the 4-pin CPU power connector to the motherboard?

Yes, the 4 pin power connector is connected. No beep at all. Even with or without the ram, no beep when PC is turned on. I don't recall how many herts is my processor. I think it's 533.

Unplug the computer and pull out the CMOS battery for a few minutes. Put the battery back in and restart the computer. If you know the CPU is good, the motherboard may be bad

Ok, will try that when I get home tonight. Just a thought, if the battery is weak, will it cause this issue too?

This motherboard is old. Has it been used recently in another system, or has it been on a shelf for a while?

Guess what, when I checked the CMOS battery it was totally dead. So my question now, if the battery has been dead for a while, even I put new battery in, will it be able to revive the CMOS again when it has been dead for a while? My concern is that the data (BIOS) might not be retain in the CMOS chip anymore. What are your guys thought on this?

Looks like even after I replace the CMOS battery, still no sign of being alive on the monitor.

No motherboard still has the on light and was turning on but the CPU did not work when plugged to the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back