Asus readying five to seven ultrabooks, starting at $799

By Jos
Aug 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Ultrabooks are coming and, as expected, Asus will be among those leading the charge. According to a report by the Financial Times, the company is expected to release "five to…

Read the whole story
  2. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TechSpot Booster Posts: 343   +34

I know that's not an official picture, but I hope ultrabooks come equipped with three usbs like most laptops in that price range.

"We should note that Apple and Samsung are already selling systems that meet all of the criteria of an ultrabook -- including pricing -- with the 11.6-inch Samsung Series 9 and 11-inch Apple MacBook Air both starting at $999."

Wrong, neither support the instant on feature, and neither offer reasonable performance for the price either. A quad core laptop costs the same vs a very low power dual core at low clock speed.
  3. WRONG. None of the Samsung Series 9 notebooks I've found online starts at $999. All of them are well over $1000.

Check your facts.
  4. http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-NP900X1B-A02-11-6-Inch-Notebook-Black/dp/B0056EY8PS

5. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,195   +69

What is an ultrabook? O_o
  6. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 2,044   +62 Staff Member

7. Steve

Steve TechSpot Staff Posts: 1,281   +395 Staff Member

It’s like a notebook but its been ultrafied.
  8. Gars

Gars TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 228

found on the net:
    Asus UX21 runs on Intel Core i5-2557M (1.7GHz) processor (up to Core i7). Another feature that is owned by The Asus UX21 are two USB ports USB 3.0, mini-DisplayPort, mini-HDMI port, a storage capacity of 64GB or 128GB, a glass touchpad...

connectivity will be slashed for sure
    weight of 2.2 lbs (1kg) sounds very impressive as well
  9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

The Mac supports instant on and works very well too.
    I do agree though, the specs of the mac are pretty lame.
  10. to have i7-cpu in a thin laptop is very good. I would only worry about the cooling system. Ultrabooks are not made for gaming or similar. Maybe programming but nothing more.

I hope clevo makes soem ultrabooks

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.