Asus reply regarding Sandy Bridge chipset defect

Arris

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

My name is <random westernized name> and it's my pleasure to help you with your problem.
Hello,

I’m sorry for your inconvenience caused.

For this case is happened by Intel chipset design problem, and ASUS will take responsibility to help you solve your problem, please don’t worry.

We suggest you could use the 0/1 port of SATA3 at first and we’ll swap the latest design unit for you on April, the warranty also will re-calculate when you receive it!
But if you have some difficulties for this option, you could contact the store where you purchased, and they will also help you for this problem.

Sounds like I'll just wait until April and get a replacement then.

Seems expensive, and inconvenient. Is there a good reason that I'm overlooking as to why they wouldn't just ship you a PCIe SATA3 card? Or at least provide that option?

Finally received a UPS label and instructions regarding arrangement for ASUS to pickup my old board. Was hoping they might have sent me a new one first so I wouldn't be stuck without a computer for any length of time...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Further to our recent communication please find enclosed your UPS returns labe, which is used for hte return of your ASUS product to our ASUSTeK UK LTD head office.

This label will allow you to return for free at no cost to yourself and entirely at your convenience.

Step One
Pack your product in suitable packaging material to ensure that no damage can occur during transportation. ASUS will not be responsible for damage caused by improper packaging.

Step Two
Please stick the label(the one wiht our address on it) to the outside of the packaging.

Step Three
In order to arrange collection of your ASUS product please call UPS Customer Service Number on 00353 1523 5726(Republic of Ireland) or 08457 877877 UK & Northern Ireland and then choose Option 9, Option 1, Option 2 and Option 2. You will then need to follow the instructions for arranging the collection.

Please note that collection can be made from where you require, in normal business hours - typically between Mon - Fri 9am and 5:30pm.

Please clearly Mark you Name and Address on the packaging of your component.

Yours Sincerely

ASUSTeK UK Limited

Note: Spelling and grammatical errors are copied from the original

Sent motherboard off start of this week. Received a B3 revision one back from Asus UK today with all accessories (I only sent it back with the board, manuals and CD since any additional parts like the USB 3 backplate, sata cables etc. were all cable tied and routed through my case). Anyone want to buy a Asus P8P67 Pro B3 revision so I can upgrade to a Z68? :p

Back