Asus reply regarding Sandy Bridge chipset defect

By Arris
Feb 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Sounds like I'll just wait until April and get a replacement then.
  2. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 823

Sounds pretty good, especially the reset on the warranty.
  3. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

B3 step controllers start shipping after the weekend by the looks of things, so your late March/early April estimate seems about right. Hopefully Asus give priority to RMA's over restocking the channel (since Asus et al have already been paid out by Intel for all their B2 step boards-including yours).
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

Seems expensive, and inconvenient. Is there a good reason that I'm overlooking as to why they wouldn't just ship you a PCIe SATA3 card? Or at least provide that option?
  5. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,587   +278

Finally received a UPS label and instructions regarding arrangement for ASUS to pickup my old board. Was hoping they might have sent me a new one first so I wouldn't be stuck without a computer for any length of time...

Note: Spelling and grammatical errors are copied from the original
  6. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,587   +278

Sent motherboard off start of this week. Received a B3 revision one back from Asus UK today with all accessories (I only sent it back with the board, manuals and CD since any additional parts like the USB 3 backplate, sata cables etc. were all cable tied and routed through my case). Anyone want to buy a Asus P8P67 Pro B3 revision so I can upgrade to a Z68? :p