Asus ships 10.1-inch Transformer Pad 300 in US for $379.99

By Matthew
Apr 23, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. True to its word, Asus has begun shipping its Transformer Pad 300 stateside this week for $379.99 (16GB) and $399.99 (32GB), undercutting the third-generation iPad by more than a hundred...

Read the whole story
  2. Raswan

Raswan TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 280

Finally, a tablet that is well-made without being ridiculously overpriced. Asus might actually ship more than 10k of these.
  3. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TechSpot Guru Posts: 586   +45

I went ahead and pre-ordered the white one, only to later find out that they're not shipping the white or red versions till June! Here's to hoping that I can get my order switched...
  4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 941   +82

All sold out! Hope they get more soon.
  5. AccordXTC

AccordXTC Newcomer, in training

As a current owner of the TF201 Prime and having WiFi GPS issues, lets me just say Asus is far from the good company everyone sees them as. They have yet to admit having a full metal back causes issues. Really Asus youd think something basic like that you'd know.

My advice stay far away from this and the company all together. They'll take your money and run. Here's looking forward to the ipad mini when it comes out.
  6. to get on the wifi/gps problems ..... did you read ita was plastic back ???

so no problems with wifi/gps reception
  7. Ultraman1966

Ultraman1966 Newcomer, in training Posts: 69

Accounting for VAT and exchange rate, the original TF101 Pad still costs slightly more here in the UK... I want my 379 dollar pad (284 GBP after VAT)!
  8. >$100 = I'm in
  9. hope it will arrive soon to the middle east
  10. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

As a current owner of a Transformer Prime, I have no Wi-Fi issues, hitting upwards of 80% of my 30 Mbit connection at all times, no problems using the Wi-Fi at school, or the free municipal Wi-Fi in my city. So perhaps not everyone shares your unfortunate experience.

My advice is to stay away from anecdotal stories and read the aggregate user reviews, and trusted tech sites on the web.

Cheers!
  11. Nice article, but one thing,
    The picture is of Asus Infinity, not the 300 series and can be somewhat confusing.
    You might want to change It :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.