Asus Striker II issue? Freezing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloppy998

Hi guys im really not sure what to do about this. Im not even really sure whats causing it. ive recently put a rig together about 2 weeks ago and have been having constant system freezes.

My system has frozen playing Crysis usually around an hour into play somtimes sooner somtimes later. It freezes almost every time i run Convertxtodvd encoding my videos into pal format. It has frozen while watching movies off my harddrive and it has frozen twice while just surfing the net while downloading.

Here is my setup:
EVGA 9800 GX2 "Superclocked" edition gpu
Q9450 cpu
ASUS Striker II extreme 790i ultra SLI
akasa powermax 850W psu
zalman cpu cooler
500gb seagate barracuda HDD (sata)
Vista 32bit
OCX 1333MHz DDR3 platinum 2x1gb RAM

I have tried using the drivers that came with the mobo and gpu. I have tried wiping my hdd and then using normal vista drivers. Then tried using the drivers off nvidia website. The driver updates from nvidia seem to make the freezes less frequent (my comp froze while downloading them, doh). I have also tried using XP.

My temps dont seem high.

I have ran memtest on each of the pieces of ram and they both passed 5 runs.

Im not overclocking and havent done since ive had the rig. Everything is on auto.

Not really sure what to do apart from feeling like yelling at ASUS but im not even sure whats wrong with it.

I have just updated my BIOS and then continued to load convertxtodvd. It crashed within a minute:/

Any help would be much appreciated!! Thx

I just had a freeze while browsing the net:( Complete system lock up mouse and keyboard did not respond so i hit the restart button:(

Do you think this could be a motherboard issue? Its annoying as hell there is no consistancy in the freezes at all.

Thx

I figured out what was causing it. Being the noob i am i had everything on auto and the ram im using was on auto at 1.6v and needed to be 1.8v i havent had a crash since. Weird that memtest passed though im not really sure why.

The RAM passed because Memtest is run in DOS mode before the OS is loaded... The RAM tested good because it was a voltage problem and not a memory stick problem

you can find all the settings in the BIOS, usually the rams voltages are at "Auto"....but if u want u can try to change it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back