TechSpot

Asus unveils smartphone-tablet combo, the Padfone

By Jos
May 30, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Asus has unveiled a range of new products at the Computex 2011 trade show in Taipei, including notebooks, netbooks and a curious tablet device that houses with a 4.3-inch phone…

Read the whole story

2. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TS Enthusiast Posts: 248   +12

Woww! I'm thrilled! It's really an interesting concept and It can really be useful. I bet it will have the same success as the Transformer... What if Asus adds a docking keyboard to the padfone! If that happens, I'm sold!

3. yRaz

yRaz TS Maniac Posts: 1,037   +159

This isn't as bad of an idea as I once thought. This is very interesting and can you imagine if this went mainstream?

4. Most forward thinking idea I've seen yet.

5. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

Damn, this idea is really impressive, I must say. I see a LOT of people getting this just because of having it all in one. Asus never disappoints.

6. matrix86

matrix86 TS Maniac Posts: 804   +9

.............my jaw has dropped. I never would have thought of that. Now...let's see the rest of the specs. This looks smooth and badass, but it better have the hardware to back it. My biggest issue will be weight.

7. Never thought I would ever see a matruska tablet... These guys are either geniuses or nuts!

8. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

This is exciting. Now other companies get off your butts and innovate too.

Hmmm wonder which phone company is this going to be on? And will they force extra charges down the customer throat... like extra tether cost to use the pad part of the device (pay for phone data, and additional tether fee - would be yuck!)... that is what sucks if the phone compaiens try to milk customers.

Also, I hope it does not cost more than 650 - 700...

9. yorro

yorro TS Enthusiast Posts: 246

Ugly name

10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkE2A-FiD54

Idea came here??

11. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

iPadfone, problem solved ;)

12. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Maniac Posts: 388

To that note, is it just me or is the font WAY too similar to that of the iPad as well... lol. Just thought it'd be strange >.>

Anyway, yeah, its a really cool product :D ASUS was once in the Smartphone market before with BenQ if I'm not mistakened, but they died due to horrible interface and ui... with the boost of Android, I think this is the best time for them, as they only need to worry about pushing out good hardware :)

I can't wait to see the pricing on this, though I just got my SGS :X

13. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

Really neat gizmo there although I'm not quite sold on the name. Let's see how Apple reacts to this new development.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.