1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Asus Xonar XD not plugged in when installing driver

By Broeci · 4 replies
Dec 30, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Asus Xonar XD driver telling me sound card not plugged in when installing driver

I got myself a Asus Xonar DX, so I hooked erverything up to my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-PH67A-D3-B3) and connected the power cable to my power supply (OCZ StealthXstream II 700W), but when im trying to install the driver I'm getting the message: "Plug the Asus Xonar DX in". I disabled my onboard sound, but I'm getting still the same message. I don't really know what's going on, is the soundcard broken or is it just a minor problem? I pugged the card in a PCIE x1 slot and a pcie x4 slot. Thanks if you can help me with this problem.

Specs: I7 2600
    8 Gb RAM

2. Buckshot420

Buckshot420 TS Enthusiast Posts: 301

3. Broeci

Broeci TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 27

No luck on both, the restoree.exe file from the alsa-project doesn't work. The is file is saying that my operating system isn't compatible with this file, I need a 32/64 bit windows pc. But I have Windows 7 64 bit pc, so that's a bit odd.
    Thanks for the help.

4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +10

Can you move the card to another slot, then reboot, before trying again?

Sound card could be bad... Can you try the same install in another computer ?

5. Broeci

Broeci TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 27

no luck on either, I'm sending it back and they are going to send me a new one.
    Thanks for the help.

cheers