AT&T follows T-Mobile's lead in making upgrades more affordable

By Shawn Knight
Jul 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Not to be outdone by rival T-Mobile, AT&T on Tuesday announced a new program that will allow customers to upgrade to a new handset every year. AT&T Next borrows some elements from T-Mobile’s Jump program as well as their monthly...

Read more
  2. Not a good deal unless they reduce their price plans... why pay the premium when you are already pay high monthly fees for a subsidized phone.
  3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,050   +699

I would think the monthly plans will have to be cheaper. T-mobile's JUMP program is $30/month, which is pretty close, but their phone plans are $50, not $100. If ATT is going to make customers pay $32/month for the phone, then they'll have to drop the plan price to balance it out. I can't see very many people being ok with an expensive plan without the benefit of a subsidized phone.
  4. Geforcepat

Geforcepat Newcomer, in training Posts: 66   +6

Hmmm so I can upgrade my 4s and stay on my original plan from 09?
  5. p51d007

p51d007 TechSpot Booster Posts: 310   +42

LOL...will at&t lower their monthly plan....that's a good one.
    No, they will market the heck out of this, and the sheeple drones will line up
    and say take my money.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.