ATI 4850 would work well on my current system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chz435646746

Hi, I am gonna upgrade my graphics card to ATI 4850. But I am concerned about that whether this card matches with my CPU and motherboard. Will 4850 be too good to work with my CPU and motherboard? Will 4850 show its max performance on my current system?

this is my system info:
Manufacturer's motherboard name: H-RS880-uATX HP/Compaq name: Aloe
Form Factor: Micro-ATX: 9.6 in x 9.6 in
Processer: AMD Athlon(TM) X4 635 quad-core processor [2.9GHz, 2MB L2, up to 4000MHz bus]
Memory: 6GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [3 DIMMs]

thanks very much.

Hi, I am gonna upgrade my graphics card to ATI 4850. But I am concerned about that whether this card matches with my CPU and motherboard. Will 4850 be too good to work with my CPU and motherboard? Will 4850 show its max performance on my current system?.
I guess I'm posting because I can't figure out your logic in asking this question.

!. Why would you want to reduce the video card, and potentially create a bottleneck with it?

2. You can always overclock your CPU, buy a better CPU, or carry the great video card to another system.

3. If you go through this CPU review; https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic146978.html#post897217 You'll see that Techspot used a high end graphics card to prevent the card from influencing CPU testing. In other words, the card was way, way better than the CPUs being tested.

Along the way, they found out you can get some astonishing frame rates from some garbage CPUs

I guess I'm posting because I can't figure out your logic in asking this question.

!. Why would you want to reduce the video card, and potentially create a bottleneck with it?

2. You can always overclock your CPU, buy a better CPU, or carry the great video card to another system.

3. If you go through this CPU review; https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic146978.html#post897217 You'll see that Techspot used a high end graphics card to prevent the card from influencing CPU testing. In other words, the card was way, way better than the CPUs being tested.

Along the way, they found out you can get some astonishing frame rates from some garbage CPUs
Sorry I am going for 5850. just a typing mistake. Sorry..
So do you think how 5850 works on my system?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back