ATI Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

12johnni

Hello there,

Just wondering... what would happen if I took some double slot graphics cards... like the 5870 Eyefinity 6 and watercooled them so that they could fit in a single slot... could I get a motherboard with 7 PCI-e and put 7 of them in (not in crossfire just standalone)?

And with just a single Eyefinity 6 with sufficient processing power not to bottleneck it, how would it do in Flight Sim X, 6x 1920x1080, Maxed? FPS wise. What about on minimal? Or in CrossfireX?

Just thinking of building a decent sim with my friend.
Just find it hard to believe it when they say that this card can do 6x the normal resolution on the latest games.

It's annoying how shops are filled with VaporX products, our store just got a toxic HD 5850 finally, but no eyefinity 6. I only discovered it on AMD's website. (My excuse for being there is that I was looking at graphics, not their cpu's. My wristwatch works fine.)

...Just wondering... what would happen if I took some double slot graphics cards... like the 5870 Eyefinity 6 and watercooled them so that they could fit in a single slot... could I get a motherboard with 7 PCI-e and put 7 of them in (not in crossfire just standalone)?
Why ? You planning on building the most bizarre folding farm known to man?
If you're not Crossfiring 2, 3 or 4 cards, whats the point in using E6's ?
And with just a single Eyefinity 6 with sufficient processing power not to bottleneck it, how would it do in Flight Sim X, 6x 1920x1080, Maxed? FPS wise. What about on minimal? Or in CrossfireX?
This answer your question?
Just thinking of building a decent sim with my friend.
If he's a friend then don't drive him to the poorhouse. 2 or 3 cards should be fine. If you feel like spending more of his money then buy a single 4Gb HD 5970.
Remember that FSX is heavily CPU and RAM dependant so buy a nice X58 board, some primo cooling and an LGA1366 CPU. Do some homework on the CPU batch numbers since not all CPU's are created equal (i.e. some batches within a stepping (D0 for quad core, B1 step 2 for 980X)
Just find it hard to believe it when they say that this card can do 6x the normal resolution on the latest games.
They say seeing is believing
It's annoying how shops are filled with VaporX products.
Probably because they are popular cards with good cooling.....probably. Then again you might need to factor in that Sapphire is AMD's largest ATI-only board partner and Sapphire's parent company, PC Partner, make ALL AMD's reference graphics cards.
...My wristwatch works fine.
Sweet. Time to go shopping. Remember to get some monitors- preferably some nice thin bezel numbers, since the bezels and the crosshairs in-game aren't a good combo....in fact, 5760x1080 sounds much better.

Just wondring about it not actually thinking about it
Never truer words said.

As for "shut up"....well, getting replies are standard operating procedure for asking questions on a forum. If the questions you asked were purely rhetorical then you might need to label them as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back