Ati x1950 pro problem-_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Rabbit

Hi all,

I've been trying to install drivers for my videocard (ati x1950 pro, 512 mb)
And i can't manage to get it installed correctly.

Been trying for 2 months now and i'm really sick of it now:( .
My computer still says there is no driver and i really wanna play some games that use the vista computer rating thing..

Please help!

Specs:
Windows vista
Amd 4600+ dual core
Ati Radeon x1950 pro AGP version
2gb ram
80 gb hdd

To make helpful observations, we must have the computer brand and model, or the part number of the motherboard. The CPU is only imporant in providing adequate processing speed.
Knowing the type of memory could be helpful. I assume by 80 gb ram, you actually mean 80 gb hdd.

raybay said:
To make helpful observations, we must have the computer brand and model, or the part number of the motherboard. The CPU is only imporant in providing adequate processing speed.
Knowing the type of memory could be helpful. I assume by 80 gb ram, you actually mean 80 gb hdd.

Part number: 90-MXG3B0-A0UAYZ
Memory: cannot seem to find the type, it only says 2048 ram when i do dxdiag.:(

Here is what I find on the motherboard. We will get back to you with comments:

ASRock SKT-AM2 AM2NF3-VSTA S/L 2000MT/s

Product Name ASROCK SKT-AM2 AM2NF3-VSTA S/L 2000MT/s
Web Address www.asrock.com
Model Number AM2NF3-VSTA/A/ASR 90-MXG3B0-A0UAYZ
Package Type Retail
Warranty 2 Years
BIOS AMI
Chipset NVIDIA nForce3 250
CPU Interface Socket AM2
Max CPU Support AMD Sempron 3800+AMD Athlon 64 3800+AMD
Athlon X2 5000+AMD Athlon 64 FX-62
Front Side Bus 1600MT/s2000MT/s
RAM Technology DDR2 (Dual Channel)
RAM Slots 4 x 240-Pin
RAM Speeds DDR2 533DDR2 667DDR2 800
Max Mem Supprt 8GB
Expansion Slots 1 x AGP 8x5 x 32-bit PCI
Storage Contllrs 2 x P-ATA/1332 x S-ATA/150RAID 0RAID 1JBOD
On-Board LAN 1 x 10/100Realtek PHY RTL8201CL
On-Board Audio 8-channelC-Media CM6501
On-Board Video ??
I-O Ports 1 x PS/2 Keyboard1 x PS/2 Mouse1 x Parallel1 x COM4
x USB2.01 x LAN6 x Audio
Internal I-O 1 x 20-pin ATX Power1 x 4 pin ATX 12V Power1 x Game1 x Audio1 x CD 1 x USB2.02 x FAN
Form Factor ATX305mm x 203mm
Special Features Windows Vista Premium Logo Hardware ReadyHybrid Booster Untied Overclocking

Shippd with the board: 1 x IDE Lead1 x Floppy Lead1 x S-ATA Data
Lead1 x 1-port S-ATA Power LeadUser's
ManualBackplateDriver CD

raybay said:
Here is what I find on the motherboard. We will get back to you with comments:

ASRock SKT-AM2 AM2NF3-VSTA S/L 2000MT/s

Product Name ASROCK SKT-AM2 AM2NF3-VSTA S/L 2000MT/s
Web Address www.asrock.com
Model Number AM2NF3-VSTA/A/ASR 90-MXG3B0-A0UAYZ
Package Type Retail
Warranty 2 Years
BIOS AMI
Chipset NVIDIA nForce3 250
CPU Interface Socket AM2
Max CPU Support AMD Sempron 3800+AMD Athlon 64 3800+AMD
Athlon X2 5000+AMD Athlon 64 FX-62
Front Side Bus 1600MT/s2000MT/s
RAM Technology DDR2 (Dual Channel)
RAM Slots 4 x 240-Pin
RAM Speeds DDR2 533DDR2 667DDR2 800
Max Mem Supprt 8GB
Expansion Slots 1 x AGP 8x5 x 32-bit PCI
Storage Contllrs 2 x P-ATA/1332 x S-ATA/150RAID 0RAID 1JBOD
On-Board LAN 1 x 10/100Realtek PHY RTL8201CL
On-Board Audio 8-channelC-Media CM6501
On-Board Video ??
I-O Ports 1 x PS/2 Keyboard1 x PS/2 Mouse1 x Parallel1 x COM4
x USB2.01 x LAN6 x Audio
Internal I-O 1 x 20-pin ATX Power1 x 4 pin ATX 12V Power1 x Game1 x Audio1 x CD 1 x USB2.02 x FAN
Form Factor ATX305mm x 203mm
Special Features Windows Vista Premium Logo Hardware ReadyHybrid Booster Untied Overclocking

Shippd with the board: 1 x IDE Lead1 x Floppy Lead1 x S-ATA Data
Lead1 x 1-port S-ATA Power LeadUser's
ManualBackplateDriver CD

now that i know that, does it help me fixing my video?:knock:

Alright, first off, did you download the newest drivers from ATI?

If so, what happened when you extracted them and ran the setup? Did you try going to device manager and manually pointing it at the driver files instead of running the setup program?

yakwhacker said:
Alright, first off, did you download the newest drivers from ATI?

If so, what happened when you extracted them and ran the setup? Did you try going to device manager and manually pointing it at the driver files instead of running the setup program?

I downloaded the newest drivers, when i extracted and ran the setup it looked like it was going well,
but my computer still says it doesnt have a driver and my vista classification on my videocard is a 1.0.

I just did the thing you told me about the device manager and manually pointing it, it installed and i rebooted computer. still no progress.

Bloody Rabbit said:
I downloaded the newest drivers, when i extracted and ran the setup it looked like it was going well,
but my computer still says it doesnt have a driver and my vista classification on my videocard is a 1.0.

I just did the thing you told me about the device manager and manually pointing it, it installed and i rebooted computer. still no progress.

And now it says "failed to find a suitable display device" with every game i try to play:dead:

Bloody Rabbit said:
And now it says "failed to find a suitable display device" with every game i try to play:dead:

Craziness. Is your card Vista-compatible? I would assume so, but check it.

use driver cleaner, and select ATI, and also before doing this uninstall your current video card drivers. Also you might want to consider selecting multiple filters like ATI WDM or ATI Uninstall utility. If you still have problems post them here.

I'm gonna go ahead and tell you that your card is probably defective and you should replace it. If that's not it, then that card is not compatible with something on your mobo.

Bloody Rabbit said:
Hi all,

I've been trying to install drivers for my videocard (ati x1950 pro, 512 mb)
And i can't manage to get it installed correctly.

Been trying for 2 months now and i'm really sick of it now:( .
My computer still says there is no driver and i really wanna play some games that use the vista computer rating thing..

Please help!

Specs:
Windows vista
Amd 4600+ dual core
Ati Radeon x1950 pro AGP version
2gb ram
80 gb hdd
hi nf3 +vista+x1950 =no support for dual cores..
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=33128

No, support for dual core has no importance, mainly, ATI.AMD should have support for the video card and the paired processor regardless of it having dual core support. There should be some form of driver, or software support on the motherboard's manufacturer, what you should try doing is basically downloading the latest version of the bios for the motherboard, and that might help your problems, but if it doesn't, then just bring back the video card, and replace it, as it might be faulty. Make sure that your power supply has more than 400W and about 25 A on the 12+ rails, because the video card really sucks up a lot of power, and the PSU needs to be capable of delivering it. Good luck

Adrian

NFSFAN said:
No, support for dual core has no importance, mainly, ATI.AMD should have support for the video card and the paired processor regardless of it having dual core support. There should be some form of driver, or software support on the motherboard's manufacturer, what you should try doing is basically downloading the latest version of the bios for the motherboard, and that might help your problems, but if it doesn't, then just bring back the video card, and replace it, as it might be faulty. Make sure that your power supply has more than 400W and about 25 A on the 12+ rails, because the video card really sucks up a lot of power, and the PSU needs to be capable of delivering it. Good luck

Adrian
disable one of the cores and i bet it will work..this is a invidea chipset issue they stopped driver support at nf4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back