TechSpot

Audio keeps disabling... help

By djackson84
Jul 9, 2010
  1. Hi. My audio keeps going out. I get an error that say "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem and needed to close" and then the sound goes out. When I click on the speaker icon on my task bar I get a message that reads "That are no active mixer devices available" when I go to control panel to add the hardware and restart, it lasts for about 10 mins, then I get the error again, sound dies, and have to re-add it. What's going on? I'm using Windows xp.

2. ucould2

ucould2 TS Maniac Posts: 271

Try downloading new drivers for your motherboard alternately you can also try getting audio player like Realtek from here

3. djackson84

djackson84 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 87

where do I get drivers?

4. djackson84

I downloaded the Windows drivers from "site 1" and I'm still getting the message that undoes it, after about 15 mins. also, Itunes is telling me that is detects a problem with my audio configuration and that also cannot play music. Can anyone help me with this? Why don't the updates last?

5. djackson84

Hello? Can anyone help me with this?

6. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,903   +338

To find the audio drivers for your PC we need to know what PC you have. Is it made by a major manufacturer like Dell, HP, Gateway, Acer, etc. or is it custom or self-built? Are you using onboard sound or do you have a separate sound card?

If it is made by a manufacturer and you are using onboard sound, go to the PC manufacturer's website and search for the driver appropriate for your model of PC. If is a custom or self-built PC and you are using onboard sound, go to the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the sound driver.

If you are using a separate sound card, go to the sound card manufacturer's website for the driver.

7. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 52,574   +340

Most likely, your computer is infected. Start new topic in malware forum.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.