TechSpot

Avirt Gateway

By kapsi
May 8, 2004
  1. I installed the Avirt Gateway on my office server. As a requirement I also had to install the program on CLIENT machines - so Installed the same on my Laptop so that I can access the Internet through the main server when I am in office.

However later at night when I came home and tried to download e-mail in Outlook using a dial-up connection I was unable to do so - And I am also not able to connect to MSN. However I can access websites using Internet Explorer.

I tired to use a function of Avirt which disables internet sharing - but that too didn't help much.

Can someone please tell me how I can keep my laptop ready for both the network connection and dial-up.

Thank you!

2. kapsi

kapsi TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 33

UPDATE:

I uninstalled Avirt from my Laptop and all the connections started working again - which means Avirt is the issue but how can i keep it installed so that I dont have to do this everytime I switch between connections.

3. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Suggestion: Open a second user-account on your laptop. Normal one for standard Internet, second one with the Avirt stuff.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.