Avirt Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapsi

I installed the Avirt Gateway on my office server. As a requirement I also had to install the program on CLIENT machines - so Installed the same on my Laptop so that I can access the Internet through the main server when I am in office.

However later at night when I came home and tried to download e-mail in Outlook using a dial-up connection I was unable to do so - And I am also not able to connect to MSN. However I can access websites using Internet Explorer.

I tired to use a function of Avirt which disables internet sharing - but that too didn't help much.

Can someone please tell me how I can keep my laptop ready for both the network connection and dial-up.

Thank you!

UPDATE:

I uninstalled Avirt from my Laptop and all the connections started working again - which means Avirt is the issue but how can i keep it installed so that I dont have to do this everytime I switch between connections.

Suggestion: Open a second user-account on your laptop. Normal one for standard Internet, second one with the Avirt stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back