The new definitions for MSE, they were only 2 days out of date. Anyway MSE detected bamital.c in three files explorer, firefox and wininit While trying to clean it with MSE I got a BSOD and on reboot found that I had to repair windows as it looked like the MBR had been corrupted. I used MBAM, S&D, HJT, MBRCheck, OTL, combofix, securitycheck. Nothing looked suspicious or came back as infected. I wasn't. getting any browser redirects, or much of anything else for that matter. I have come to the conclusion that either MSE caught a false positive, or there is a new strain of bamital in the wild that infects the MBR.