TechSpot

Battlefield 2 installation problem

By bios421
Jul 11, 2006
  1. Hey,

I recently tried to update battlefield 2 from EA which ofcourse did not work, so i uninstalled battlefield 2 completly restarted my PC , closed all my backround tasks and was going to reinstall it , but not even after 2 minuts of progress it said installation failed try again from the begining, now i tryed a few time and it always seem to stop in the same spot , when it says Program files/EA Games/mods/Dalian plant/client .

anybody can help me out on this?

Thanks.

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,949   +354

Try cleaning that disk. Sometimes there is a speck of dirt, fingerprint, oil, scratch or the like.

BTW, what kind of update were you installing? Some update files need a prior update already installed to work. Others are full updates which include previous updates.

3. bios421

bios421 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i tried to download the latest one i belive its 1.3 or something

4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,429   +28

Would torrenting a copy and burning onto a new DVD help, only after the above step has failed to yield positive results? I mean, he has a legal key right, so would downloading an illegal copy be illegal in that sense, seeing that he already has a legal one? Or would he be able to get the disk replaced with a fresh one?

5. bios421

bios421 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i belive if u own the legal copy of the CD/DVD its not illegal to copy the CD/DVD. thats a good idea tho didnt think of it befor , Thx alot.

6. #Curtis

#Curtis TS Rookie Posts: 66

Urm im not sure, on many of my disk for games it says in bold letters "Do not make copies of this disk".

7. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,949   +354

The 1.3 patch comes in two flavors. One is an incremental patch that requires previous patches to be installed first and there is a full or complete patch that includes previous patches. The full patch is about 438MB and the incremental is about 83MB.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.