TechSpot

Battlefield 2 installation problem

By bios421
Jul 11, 2006
  1. Hey,

I recently tried to update battlefield 2 from EA which ofcourse did not work, so i uninstalled battlefield 2 completly restarted my PC , closed all my backround tasks and was going to reinstall it , but not even after 2 minuts of progress it said installation failed try again from the begining, now i tryed a few time and it always seem to stop in the same spot , when it says Program files/EA Games/mods/Dalian plant/client .

anybody can help me out on this?

Thanks.

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,452   +227

Try cleaning that disk. Sometimes there is a speck of dirt, fingerprint, oil, scratch or the like.

BTW, what kind of update were you installing? Some update files need a prior update already installed to work. Others are full updates which include previous updates.

3. bios421

bios421 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i tried to download the latest one i belive its 1.3 or something

4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +24

Would torrenting a copy and burning onto a new DVD help, only after the above step has failed to yield positive results? I mean, he has a legal key right, so would downloading an illegal copy be illegal in that sense, seeing that he already has a legal one? Or would he be able to get the disk replaced with a fresh one?

5. bios421

bios421 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i belive if u own the legal copy of the CD/DVD its not illegal to copy the CD/DVD. thats a good idea tho didnt think of it befor , Thx alot.

6. #Curtis

#Curtis TS Rookie Posts: 81

Urm im not sure, on many of my disk for games it says in bold letters "Do not make copies of this disk".

7. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,452   +227

The 1.3 patch comes in two flavors. One is an incremental patch that requires previous patches to be installed first and there is a full or complete patch that includes previous patches. The full patch is about 438MB and the incremental is about 83MB.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.