Battlefield: 3 low fps?

hello, i have a decent computer, and battlefield 3 has low fps and the only way i can get decent fps is with the screen resolution turned all the way down. i really think my computer can put our more perfomance then it is. with my computer on the reccomened resolution 1920x1080 i get 10-12 fps with all the graphics on low.

Here are my computer specs:
Processor: intel core i5 @ 2.80 Ghz quad core
Ram: 8gb
Video card: AMD Radeon hd 6450 1g

What is the operating system or Windows version? Do you have the latest AMD video drivers for the card and your Operating System?

The HD 6450 is a non-starter with BF3, pure and simple.
Your best bet would be to either try the game at a lower (non native) resolution - although the game is going to look very ugly at 1280x1080 or 1440x900, or upgrade your graphics card, which I would recommend given that the rest of the system ( i5 760 I presume) is a capable platform.
The HD 6450 is more a home theatre card than gaming -unless the games are 3-4+ years old.

Unfortunately your computer sounds like the classic pre-built PC advertised as "high-end": a good processor, lots of memory, and a 1GB RAM graphics card which is ok for watching HD movies but useless for gaming.

If you want to play BF3 at 1080p then you will need to upgrade the graphics card, but check how many watts your power supply is first.

Back