Battlefield 4

Your processor is fine, but the 660 even at that res probably won't keep 60 fps. Without aa on, you will probably be able to average 30. But then again, that's just based off of rough estimates from what I've seen so far. Without a full detailed game specs on bf4 and testing of some sort, we won't know for sure till we start getting more information and testing to the game with frostbite 3.

Your processor is fine, but the 660 even at that res probably won't keep 60 fps. Without aa on, you will probably be able to average 30. But then again, that's just based off of rough estimates from what I've seen so far. Without a full detailed game specs on bf4 and testing of some sort, we won't know for sure till we start getting more information and testing to the game with frostbite 3.

Not quite.

He is running at 1366x768, so he will be able to max the game out easily (with mature drivers). There is really no difference between high and ultra in BF3 other than some unnecessary eye candy, so that will be the same case in BF4 most likely. But my question for you TechGamer is how you can run a i5 3570K on a Z68 motherboard lol.

Not quite.

He is running at 1366x768, so he will be able to max the game out easily (with mature drivers). There is really no difference between high and ultra in BF3 other than some unnecessary eye candy, so that will be the same case in BF4 most likely. But my question for you TechGamer is how you can run a i5 3570K on a Z68 motherboard lol.

I seriously dont know... as blkfx1 said its probably a bios update I really dont like messing with any bios settings only thing I ever did in bios was turn on turbo mode on im so confused ;S gonna have to do some more research on the bios I guess

Wow really. I though it was only that SB can be used on Z77s.
You mean Haswell ? then yes they are the only CPU that will work in an LGA 1150 (Z77 et al ) socket.
As for the 3570K (Ivy Bridge), there is BIOS support from most (if not all) motherboard vendors for use with Z68 and the earlier P67 (+ H67, Q67 etc) chipset based boards.

I thought that Z77 could only be used with IB and SB. I didnt know a 3570K can be used in a Z68.

Oops my bad, I read it as Z87, not Z77 for some reason:eek: (probably because I'm posting on a discussion on another forum re: Haswell. I'll pay more attention this time)

As for the 3570K, and Ivy Bridge in general, you should be able to check the CPU compatibility list for the vendors easily enough. Most (probably all- I haven't checked) allow IB with Z68, P67 etc.
A quick look for a P67 board ( the Asus P8P67 Pro) and Z68 ( Asus P8Z68-V LE ) shows compatibility - of course not all features of IB are enabled. A PCI-E 2.0 board can't utilise the PCI-E 3.0 of IB (harping back to an earlier thread ;) even a Gen3 board might theoretically run near PCI-E 3.0 bandwidth but will still use 8b/10b encode rather than 128b/130b of PCI-E 3.0 -scroll down to part 6 -and given the complexity, you can see why I didn't introduce the subject on the other thread), or RST, or a host of other features.

Does anyone know what the spec computers were used at E3? they had 64 of them on their stand, at least one person in the world must have checked the specs and leaked them :D

The E3 leaks wont show u much but make u go retard mode...

A couple of days ago, we presented you a photo from one of the PCs that would be running Battlefield 4 at this year’s E3. Well, good news everyone as AMD has revealed the specs of the PCs that are currently running BF4 at E3.

When we shared the first picture of the PC setup that was going to be used, a lot of people thought that it featured two 7990s in Crossfire. Well, that isn’t the case as the PCs that are currently running Battlefield 4 are made of two 7970s in Crossfire and an AMD FX-8350.

In other words, they are not PC systems that cannot be afforded as of right now from high-end PC enthusiasts.

Unfortunately, AMD and DICE have not revealed the resolution at which the game is running, so we don’t know if BF4 runs at 1080p or at a higher resolution.

Still, this kind of PC is able to run the next-gen version of Battlefield 4, so there you have it everyone.
AMD has also released a new image from one of the BF4 PCs that can be viewed below.

Enjoy!

in other words we know nothing all we know is that it is probably well optimized on amd systems. and graphic cards by the partnerships going on and stuff

In other words, they are not PC systems that cannot be afforded as of right now from high-end PC enthusiasts.
2 7970's and a 8350 is hardly "unaffordable" for the High-end PC enthusiast. But, maybe I'm reading it incorrectly.

2 7970's and a 8350 is hardly "unaffordable" for the High-end PC enthusiast. But, maybe I'm reading it incorrectly.

well that part is true lol pc enthusiasts would easily buy those exept the amd 8350 u can easily see any person buy that

Yeah it was 7990s. Not sure about the CPU though.

why do they wonna keep us waiting for the system req :S are they like waiting for the new gen cards so they could get some sales ongoing as it will be a demanding game which some people will require to upgrade or just to make us mad... ;S

Well I'm ordering a GTX 780 in a couple of days either way, I'm sure that'll run nicely at 1080p ;)

totally agree with JC my opinion get a 770 and start saving for maxwell or Volta thats when shez gets real :)))))) or just stick with what u have and play at medium or low settings ;D

+ anyways 780 is to overpowered for 1080p for my opinion it would be a waste just my opinion I guess if u have the money go for it :p

Well I'm ordering a GTX 780 in a couple of days either way, I'm sure that'll run nicely at 1080p
Personally, I think it's a good idea. Simply because, that is what you want to do. While, the 770 is a good card and, will get the job done. If you want a 780 I think you should get the 780 :]

Personally, I think it's a good idea. Simply because, that is what you want to do. While, the 770 is a good card and, will get the job done. If you want a 780 I think you should get the 780 :]

the thing is we dont even know what his computer specs are I doubt there bad if he has the money to buy a 780 but if he could stick with his old gfx card for one year and just playing on lowest or medium it wouldnt harm alot... imagine the 500$ saved and spent on something even better which will last more.

Judging from Burty's interest in a 780, I don't think he wants to run a game on medium / low settings for a year lol.

Haha! Yeah I've been using the GTX 285 :p and battlefield 3 was a struggle so I think an upgrade is now due :)

Basically I'm currently rocking a q6600, 8gb ddr2 and GTX 285, the motherboard audio has almost died and the machine is now struggling, battlefield 3 runs fine on medium settings but I think it's now time to upgrade :)

And in regards to the 780 being a waste at 1080p, I plan on using it until it can't run games over medium settings, so I was hoping the 780 would last me a while, for my new build I was going for the asus ROG hero z87, core i7 4770k and 16gb ddr3 2133mhz ram with the GTX 780 and a separate sound card, still to be determined on that one xD I also planned on upgrading the screen to 1200p xD

I don't have the pleasure of lots of money but its my birthday and my family are pulling together to give me lots of money as they haven't done anything for me in a long time, I'm like the forgotten child even though I'm currently the only successful one, I guess that what happens when you move out, you get forgotten about xD

Haha! Yeah I've been using the GTX 285 :p and battlefield 3 was a struggle so I think an upgrade is now due :)

Basically I'm currently rocking a q6600, 8gb ddr2 and GTX 285, the motherboard audio has almost died and the machine is now struggling, battlefield 3 runs fine on medium settings but I think it's now time to upgrade :)

And in regards to the 780 being a waste at 1080p, I plan on using it until it can't run games over medium settings, so I was hoping the 780 would last me a while, for my new build I was going for the asus ROG hero z87, core i7 4770k and 16gb ddr3 2133mhz ram with the GTX 780 and a separate sound card, still to be determined on that one xD I also planned on upgrading the screen to 1200p xD

well why didnt u say that before silly boi..... 1200p the gtx 770 will pull some good fps but if u actualy have the cash then go for the gtx 780 just a little tip add a good cpu cooler in there future proof the pc some more with overclocking its a good deal :) and about that old system eighter sell the pieces piece by piece or sell the whole pc or just keep it like I do.. in my junkzone pc near pc collecting them hah some parts may come in use :)

Back