BB code issues

D

DelJo63

New system omits textcolor choices

• Unordered list omits leading bullet

• Ordered list omits enumerations

You may have overlooked the text color icon. Check out the teardrop icon. :)

There are no options currently.
NoOptions.png

I was luck I knew abit about BB codes. Otherwise I couldn't have inserted an image from an online source in my comment yesterday.

These updates we are now waiting on. They should have been optimized before the forum software went live publicly. With that said, I'm not surprised.

TLDR: As soon as I have a teardrop, I will check it out.

Thanks Clifford. I think I may have misunderstood the OP's original complaint about the text color. I overlooked the BB part. So sorry about that. That said, as an interim measure couldn't one switch from BB code and insert colors later by blocking text?

Edit: By blocking I mean highlighting.

OK - I must confess. I didn't realize that cog was BB code toggle. When I click the cog I get all the options, that were otherwise faded out. I'm thinking the default mode needs to be switched, to reduce confusion.

They're all on w/o clicking; Yes, the teardrop is active, sorry.
List types still missing

Testing...

Bold Italic Strikethrough
Color
Emoji: :cool:

Link

1. List 1
  2. List 1
  3. List 1

• List 2
  • List 2
  • List 2

Thanks for reporting, should be fixed.

Is the editor supposed to be defaulted to BB code mode? If so how do I switch default modes? The GUI editor has always been the default mode. I would like to keep it that way.

For me the regular GUI editor has always been the default. It seems the editor will save your preference either way, too. Unless your browser settings or some add-on is messing that up.

It seems the editor will save your preference either way, too.
OK - now I feel like a dumbazz. I was keeping the editor the way it was loaded. I never thought about the settings being saved in cookies. I wonder why my settings reverted to BB Code. I rarely use that mode.

Anyway Thank You, all good now.

Show me a case scenario for these. We are leaning towards a more streamlined look for the discussions.

I greatly prefer the style:

Loss of list and indent functions again -- the evidence should have been a list in

If you click on the "List" icon, you should get a drop down menu for that function.
Is that not working?

The drop down is present, but no items for list types were present. I see today they are :)

Back