Bc code error help

Status
Not open for further replies.

trendkiller

I'm some what of a noobie, and I need help.

I've been looking for a few days now, and haven't found a fix. My error code is not on Microsoft's site. If it is, I'm blind...

I'm sure it's a hardware conflict. I have an ATI Radeon 3850 I just installed, now I have the restart problem. I have installed latest ATI drivers, same problem.

Here is the error message:

BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : E7BF2304 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : BF89412B
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER25ec.dir00\Mini030908-03.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER25ec.dir00\sysdata.xml

My computer specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon™ 64 3200+ Processor (512KB L2 cache, 2.2GHz, 1600MHz FSB)
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3850
Memory: 1G DDR (400MHz)
PSU: Antec power supply 400w

Any help is greatly appreciated.

We need a clarification first: you say you just installed a 3850 but you also tell us that your video is an ATI Radeon Express 200. Is that a typo?

Also, what make and model is your power supply and what amperage does it supply on the 12v rails?

Yes, that was a typo. I have edited the information. I am currently running a newly installed ATI Radeon HD 3850. After installing and trying to play Call of Duty 4, is when I got the error.

The power supply is an Antec 400 watt. I'll have to check the model and amperage when I get home later.

Thanks.

Your issue may very well be that your psu can't supply enough "juice" for your card. The lowest recommended psu from AMD/ATI is an Antec TP 2.0 500 watts (or is it 550?). They do recoomend other makes of psus as well.

Again,check your 12v. I'll be very curious to see what you find because I want to run this card in my 939 system with an Antec TP 2.0 550, AMD 3800+ X2 with 2 gigs of RAM.

May I ask how long your card is and what make?

Okay, here we go.

Antec 400 watt Smart Power
AC input: 115v/8A ; 230v/5A ; 60hz/50hz
DC Output: +5v +3.3v +12v1 +12v2 -12v +5v sb
Max. 28A 30A 14A 15A .3A 2.0A
Min. .5A .5A 1.0A 1.0A 0A 0A

5v, + 3.3v combined max. output 130w

ATI recommends 450w, 550 for Crossfire. I'm not over-clocking.

* Update *

I have now twice gotten "not enough free disk space on gamedrive" error from the game.

I have 23Gigs of free space on that drive. Color me confused...

Three of your errors are 0x50 and these are due to hardware issues such as corrupted memory and not just system RAM but it also can be due to video RAM or L2 cahe RAM; incompatible software can do it or other hardware problems such as a PCI card.

One error was a 0x7E and these are caused by numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

In one 0x50 and in the 0x7E the driver HSFWBS2.sys was pointed to and this
process HSF_HWB2 WDM driver belongs to the software SoftK or SoftK56 Modem Driver.

The final minidump error is ox80 with the driver ele5132.sys as the culprit. You are the fourth person today that has posted this error and faulting driver. From everything I can gather it has to do with your NIC card.

So...

1. Run MemTest on your memory for 7 passes. Any errors and you need to replace your memory.

2. Update your modem drivers.

3. Update your NIC drivers.

One other thing, trendkiller, I want to get a 3850. How long and wide are those cards? And what make did your get? Thanks.

You're a star!

What memory test should I use? Memtest86?

I updated the modem driver, and will do the NIC drivers later today.

This is the exact card I got. I will measure it later and report back. Thank you again!

Yes, absolutely use MemTest. Bad RAM has been known to pass from time time to time but still use it because it is a very good utility.

Keep in mind, in order to use it, whether floppy or CD, that drive must be placed as first bootable in your BIOS. You can always change it back to your original settings when you are finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back