BCCode: 1000007e Windows 7 crash with VMware

jan44

Hi,
I keep getting this error on Windows 7 with VMware

I run Windows 7 with VMware workstation and linux in the vmware.
it keeps crashing

Problemsignatur:
BlueScreen
OS-version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Landestandard-id: 1030

Flere oplysninger om problemet:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 82CF42F1
BCP3: 8CB83814
BCP4: 8CB833F0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Filer, der hjælper med til at beskrive problemet:
C:\Windows\Minidump\111910-12183-01.dmp
ppData\Local\Temp\WER-55489-0.sysdata.xml

Læs erklæringen om beskyttelse af personlige oplysninger online:

Hvis onlineerklæringen om beskyttelse af personlige oplysninger ikke er tilgængelig, kan du læse den erklæring om beskyttelse af personlige oplysninger, som er offline:
C:\Windows\system32\da-DK\erofflps.txt

Hi jan44. FYI the mods will move this post to the appropriate BSOD forum, but no harm done. :)

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Minidump

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I attached the zip file.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    186.1 KB · Views: 2
I read the five most recent files and all are the same error code 0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

Nothing significant was cited as the cause of your issues except Windows OS drivers and they are usually too general to be of much help. However, one such driver cited is wfplwf.sys which is part of the Windows Filtering Platform and has to do with networking and internet. It is quite possible that your attempt to uninstall Essentials is the issue here.

Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information and pay particular attention to Yellow Triangles and especially REDXs. Tell us where they are found.

Hi,
It is a brand new Vostro 3300 I7 Laptop Windows 7 with all updates.
I only had it 2 weeks.
It is just I get those Blue screen and reboot lots of times.
It is crashing more than Vista.
How come in the middle of Work I simple get a blue screen and it reboots.
Then all my unsaved work is just gone..

I went to event viewer but cant see any problems.
What else can I do?
Windows 7 seems very unstable.

Brand new? Well that changes things. You need to return to where you purchased this laptop and have them either fix it or the manufacture fix it because a) in no way should you be havingthese problems and b) it is still under warrenty. Don't let them give you the run around or try to get you to pay in any way.

Tell them your minidumps were read, the code, and give them what the dumps cited:

Unknown_Image (ANALYSIS INCONLUSIVE)

Windows OS drivers.

* Let us know what the outcome is. You should not have to deal with this.

* PS: W@indows 7 is an excellent OS. That isn't your issue.

Well
I cant just return it then I dont have a computer!

So anything else I can do specific ? :-(
Is there a service pack coming to Windows 7 that might fix it.

If you look at the definition of the error code and the fact that nothing was given as a probable cause there really isn't anything to do by way of suggestion. Too many possibilities as to what the issue might be.

You could go back and tell them you want an exchange.

event logs

Hi
I called dell
Powered off Dell Vostro 3300
Hold FN + Power on
ran all hardware checks everything fine.
They said it is Windows 7 that is screwed must reinstall.

I ran the Windows diagnostics program
Mats_run.device.exe to see problems.

I also attached the event logs can you please see.

For some reason the event log is unreadable.

To Dell: Then you reinstall Windows 7. You installed it in the first place. This is still under warrenty so they need to fix this.

Back