BCCode 71-please help. I am not able to do a system restore from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer keeps freezing up but not when I'm using it. If I let it sit idle for a while if I leave the room and come back the screen is black and I cant wake itup so I have to unplug and replug it back in. Its frustrating because I dont know how to fix it, have devoted too much time to try to figure it out, and dont have the xp or word 2007 cd's to reinstall the software if I were to do a hard reset on it. I bought it about a week ago and its been giving me issues since. Its a refurbed minuet with xp. The person who sold it to me didnt give me any disks for it and I cant afford to buy the software. I had downloaded msn as soon as I got it could that be causing the problem? Even though I have uninstalled it? I checked for viruses and havent found any. Please tell me if this is a hardware or software issue and what can be done to fix it. Thank you

BCCode : 7f BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcd3a.dir00\Mini021410-03.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcd3a.dir00\sysdata.xml

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Ok, I zipped them and attached them. I hope it worked. If you can not view them or if I didnt it wrong please let me know and I'll try again.

Attachments

• Mini021210-01.zip
    117.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Mini021110-01.zip
    110.8 KB · Views: 1
The first five minidumps were read and they were all 0x7F errors and they all cited the driver igxpmp32.sys as the cause of your system crashes.

This driver belongs to the process Intel Graphics Miniport Driver which belongs to the software Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows NT(R).

* Find the make of your motherboard, go to the Manufacturer's website, find your exact model and update your drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back