Belarc Advisor question

circusboy01

On my Belarc Advisor Near the top right corner, it has Security Benchmark Score. My score is 1.25 out of 10. When I click on details,a long list comes up. Some things are marked with a green check mark, some with a red x About half way through the list everything has a red x.
Is there a safe way to try to turn those red xs into green check marks, or at least some of them?
My computer runs fine ( slight buffering once in a while, I'm going to look into more ram) I just have a feeling that if everything in Security benchmark had a green check mark my PC would run great and I would be more protected. Does that make any sense?

On my Belarc Advisor Near the top right corner, it has Security Benchmark Score. My score is 1.25 out of 10. When I click on details,a long list comes up. Some things are marked with a green check mark, some with a red x About half way through the list everything has a red x.
Is there a safe way to try to turn those red xs into green check marks, or at least some of them?
My computer runs fine ( slight buffering once in a while, I'm going to look into more ram) I just have a feeling that if everything in Security benchmark had a green check mark my PC would run great and I would be more protected. Does that make any sense?
I just noticed mine is similiar but I won't hijack this thread.

NO - - DON'T get into that stuff UNLESS you fully understand what each item will do!

While these are good advisories, some of them have very strict side-effect, ie: things stop working.

Be sure to have a System Restore Point available before you play or better yet, a full system image backup.

Screenshot & post results please. :)
Sorry that it took so long for me to reply. I've had some bad days health wise, and I didn't know how to do screenshots. I tried in the past and just couldn't get it. So when you asked for a screenshot I just figured I was out of luck..
But, thanks to learningmypc. I now know how to do screenshots .,and as soon as I learn a little more about how to send them to TS. I will be sending you a screenshot of my Belarc Advisor. That is if you still willing to look at it Thanks

NO - - DON'T get into that stuff UNLESS you fully understand what each item will do!

While these are good advisories, some of them have very strict side-effect, ie: things stop working.

Be sure to have a System Restore Point available before you play or better yet, a full system image backup.

I trust Dragon Master Jay not to mess with things he doesn't understand.

So if
That's my score too and I've obviously elected NOT to lock down by laptop via these means.
your score is only 1.25 out of 10, and you're not worried about it. I guess neither should I be.
I just thought it would be nice to, safely get my score closer to 10.
Hmmm. My thinking has been 10 is the best. Could I be wrong? Could 10 be the worst number you could have? Making 1.25 pretty darn good? Just wishful thinking I do wish I could get rid of some of those Red Xs Red Xs. are never a good thing.

The scale is 0->10, 10 being best.

as a rule of thumb, IF IT ISN'T BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT

The scale is 0->10, 10 being best.

as a rule of thumb, IF IT ISN'T BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT

I agree. If it isn't broke don't fix it.
But. Doesn't a score of only 1.25 out of a possible 10 sound like it is broke? Or at least 8.75 of it is broke. :0)

I agree. If it isn't broke don't fix it.
But. Doesn't a score of only 1.25 out of a possible 10 sound like it is broke? Or at least 8.75 of it is broke. :0)
Mine says the same thing, but I'm going to leave it alone since my pc is functioning fine as is. just my thoughts.:)

Back