Best software compression ever!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul05

It's called KGB Archiver

KGB Archiver is the compression tool with unbelievable high compression rate. It surpasses even such efficient compression tool like 7zip and UHARC in terms of the abilities. Unfortunately although its powerful compression rate, it has high hardware requirements (I recommend processor with 1,5GHz clock and 256MB of RAM as an essential minimum). One of the advantages of KGB Archiver is also AES-256 encryption which is used to encrypt the archives. This is one of the strongest encryptions known for human.

IT'S FREE!!!

For example, I got a file that's 450mb and I don't have the cd to burn it, I can use this software to down size it to only 1.6mb, thats right. ONLY 1.6MB, the bad thing about this is that it take me to 6 hour to convert the size back to 450mb.

Give it a try, I'm sure you'll like it

Hey, cool. Want to tell us what algorithms it uses? Arithmetic coding?

And of course, the "tests" there are anonymous, not specifying what files were compressed.

Looks like fishy stuff to me..

hmmm looks like something I could download, virus scan, and do a little independant testing of.

That said - anybody clever enough to write a program that can compress a 450 MB file into a 1.6 MB file is easily capable of writing some lovely hidden nasties in it.

Unless of course it's a 450 MB text file :D

Maybe I'll give it a shot later. I don't know, though I was suprised to see a secunia listing for the program on the first couple of pages of google, even if there was nothing listed for the program.

Well, if this program is legit, I wouldn't want to give it a bad name, but without hearing of some independant and transparent testing or experience I'm more than just a little wary of it.

I remember one compressor which compressed all files to 50% by scratching the last half of the file... :stickout:

Lossy compression might not be a good idea for applications ;)

Bah.. I can craft a 3GB file that compresses easily to less than 50 bytes.
Just fill the whole 3GB with zeroes :)

And if I were to write an archiver, then surely I can craft special tests that suit my algorithm and show the competition in bad light.

Unless there are transparent test results from compressing publicly available filesets, I say this KGB thing is BS.

I agree with Nodsu, it must be a load of smelly ....
And giving a program such a historical unsavoury name does not promote good vibes either.
Let's close this thread before comrade Vladimir Illych Ulyanov rises from the dead....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back