Bethesda announces 'Doom' beta as a 'Wolfenstein' pre-order perk

By Shawn Knight
Feb 19, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. It was nearly a year ago when Bethesda's vice president of marketing and publications, Pete Hines, revealed that an earlier version of Doom 4 had been scrapped because it did not exhibit the quality and excitement that id and Bethesda...

Read more
  2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,284   +262

Wolfenstein looks really interesting - don't remember how much Carmack had to do with this version if any. Story in the trailer looks pretty awesome though.
    JC713 and SalaSSin like this.
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,329   +378

This smells like Duke Nukem all over again. Anytime you get that "on again, off again, we've dropped it then picked it up" scenario, it rarely ends up being a good thing.
  4. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,204   +70

After playing Quake 4 I would really love a sequel.
  5. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 714   +28

I would like a doom sequel with the same scale. Wide open areas, lots of mobs. Literally fighting the hordes of hell rather than 2 or 3 at a time for to polygon/AI constraints.
  6. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,658   +57

DNF multiplayer was boss, but the single player suckeddd.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,921   +724

Wolfenstein... Now that's more like it. Killing Nazi's never gets old in my book, I just hope they include a good single player campaign, I couldn't care less about multiplayer. I was getting disheartened by the new releases on the horizon because there is absolutely nothing I'd even consider playing let alone paying but with the news of a new Wolfenstein maybe there's a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't bought or played a new game since Bioshock Infinite.
    Gamesinner likes this.
  8. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,428   +618

The latest Wolfenstein was great, and IMO one of the most under-rated and not-talked-about games in the last years.
    Gamesinner likes this.
  9. Emexrulsier

Emexrulsier TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 206   +6

I'd rather see a new quake. Quake live is fun and all (and its more or less the only game I play) but would love to see a nice update with the same fast paced gaming
  10. Lurker101

Lurker101 TechSpot Addict Posts: 629   +122

They scrapped one build because it fell far short of expectations and you're already calling it DNF? Not exactly a reasonable attitude, especially in light of Bethesdas history so far. If nothing else, expect it to be a good, yet buggy game. Not another DNF. Personally, I wish more companies were prepared to look at a final build, realise it's cack and have another go instead of just flat out lying to their customers and trying to recoup their losses on a terrible game.
  11. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,797   +882

Yeah it does look interesting.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.