TechSpot

Bethesda drops Doom reboot teaser trailer at E3

By Shawn Knight
Jun 10, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Bethesda on Tuesday published a teaser trailer for the next release in the storied Doom franchise. The clip doesn't reveal too much about the game although the publisher promises a proper unveiling will take place at QuakeCon 2014 next month...

Read more

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,355   +402

No one cares. Where's the Fallout 4 announcement?? ;)

Darkshadoe likes this.
  3. Doomquake?

4. lipe123

lipe123 TS Guru Posts: 447   +80

Ugh stop using the same names!!!!! what is WRONG with games lately.

Also wow... what a new idea! doom huh, its not like we had doom, doom2, doom3 already?!

5. theBest11778

theBest11778 TS Enthusiast Posts: 151   +32

With a basic premise such as Doom, I'm surprised they haven't rebooted it sooner. Doom 3 was more a tech demo than a game, and unfortunately for id Far Cry already stole most of that thunder. If they focus on the campaign, like they did Wolfenstein, I can see this being the Doom game we've waited decades for.

6. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 516   +86

I remember being stunned by Doom 3 graphics in 2004-2005, but overall I was disappointed with the dull story telling, and lackluster game play that involved a lot of enemies with very scripted behavior, as their redundant animations upon detecting the player suggested.

7. Yeah, I saw doom 3 more like a graphic adventure that a fps, the gameplay is to simple, even doom 2 feels better. Still I beat that game like 3 times back in the day.

8. Personally.... I believe Carmack UN-involvement is a "God" send.

This is important because he did more than code, he had the final say on EVERYTHING...
    So, if you cannot tell a story, and he can't apparently then the project is in trouble from the get-go... ("hell" I wonder if he could give directions to his local 7-11)

But what do I know.... Wait and see. I have beta access.

9. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,329   +277

Where the heck is that dislike button?

10. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 727   +30

Doom needs lots of enemies on the screen at once with interesting mechanics.

11. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,090   +1,519

The teaser didn't do anything for me. I will reserve my opinion until after I see game play. And even then if the controls are complicated, I may not care. My fingers are not as agile as they used to be.

Puiu likes this.

12. aspleme

aspleme TS Member Posts: 56

Half Life 3? Please?

13. You all are just lame. This is Doom. Respect the legacy this game left behind. Here you all are bashing it when every single one of you played the hell out of these games back in the day.

Fallout 4 really, @TomSEA ? Different genre.

@lipe123 What else you want it to be called? Doom is a perfect title.

@veLa Remember, Doom 3 was more of a showcase of next-gen graphics. This game paved the way for the next gen so it was normal to expect a mediocre storyline.

@LNCPapa Get back to FB.

@aspleme Lol HL sucks.

14. LNCPapa

Actually - my comment about a dislike button was directed toward another poster - but I guess it applies to you as well. Why not grow a pair and post as an actual user instead of a guest.

Blkfx1 and cliffordcooley like this.
  15. @LNCPapa What's the matter, boy? Grow a pair? What are we in, like the 3rd grade? We start using third grade terminology now lol.

16. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 409   +37

Cool, can't wait to check it out. I still feel these game types are on their way out though. Everyone is getting bored with a single player campaign where you fight aliens. Granted, many of us in our 30's will get all nostalgic and hopefully, like this game. I tried with Duke Nukem Forever, but it just didn't work for me. Let's hope this reboot does better. And I know it has nothing to do with the story, but next gen graphics always helps sell a game.

17. LNCPapa

I'm also hoping devices like the Oculus Rift will breathe new life into this genre.

18. Puiu

Puiu TS Maniac Posts: 1,072   +100

investing in a new IP costs 10 times more money. if the game is good who cares if they reuse the name?

cliffordcooley likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.