BF2 restarts my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i start going into a game and it gets about halfway done with the loading and my computer reeboots...i looked through all ur help stuff and have some minidumps here

any help would be deeply appreciated(sp)

sry specs!...if ya need more just ask...i dont know what all u really need

windows SP2
Genuine intel D845EBG2
intel P4 2.53Ghz
512 MB RAM
geforce fx 5600 ultra

temps...
processor at 95 F.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps are a few weeks old. It would be better if you could supply 5 or 6 of your most recent minidumps.

5 minidumps crash at your video card drivers. they have a bugcheck of EA.

This indicates either a driver problem or a video card problem.

Update your drivers and see if that helps.

0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

sry bout that...ive updated my drivers and it still happens...didnt realize my minidumps werent in most recent form....heres the 3 newest

2 minidumps crash at ntoskrnl.exe. Windows bootup kernel. They have a bugcheck of 0A

1 minidump crashes with memory corruption. It has a bugcheck of D1.

All three minidumps reference gcasServ.exe as the owning process. This is the Giant/Microsoft AntiSpyware programme.

Completely uninstall the programme and see if this helps to reduce or stop the crashes.

Regards Howard :)

All your minidumps crash at ntoskrnl.exe. Windows bootup kernel. They have bugchecks of 0A and D1.

One references gcasServ.exe. One references svchost.exe and one references CCEVTMGR.EXE. This last one is your Symantec Event Manager Service.

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. This error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Let us know the results.

Regards Howard :)

Don't know if this helps, but i had the same problem while playing BF2. Searched the crap out of google, and decided to do some of my own trouble shooting. Read up on my MotherBoard spec. Then i noticed the green memory slot on some of the boards.

So i took my memory out of the green slot and into the black slot, and now my comp doesn't restart anymore. Might not be bad memory, but make sure your board and the memory slot your using support the same specs( pc2700, pc3200 ect..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back