TechSpot

BFG 7950 512 SLI vs EVGA g80 superclocked single

By LinkedKube
May 27, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can't find any reviews comparing the g80 gtx superclocked to my current sli set, Just curious to know how it would compare. If anyone can find some good links with fps on a current game, like FEAR or something like that I'd appreciate. Or just any general 2 cents would do, thx.

/input come on people
  2. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 1,094

If SLI GeForce 7900 GTX 512MB cards can't beat a single 8800 GTX then your card (Slightly under the 7900 GTX) can't.
  3. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

You're right. The single GTX is something like 90% faster than dual 7900GTXs. It just depends on whether you want to spend all the money on it supersmash. We know that you won't be CPU limited at least ;)
  4. beef_jerky4104

I think its more like 40%-55% MetalX. Hehe 90%!!!

(Go eVGA)
  5. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Topic Starter Posts: 4,265   +41

I'm lookin for the performance difference between evga's superclocked gtx and the ultra card, the price difference doesnt look good for the small performance boost you get so I hear from my friend.
  6. beef_jerky4104

the eVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTX vs. the eVGA e-GeForce 8800 Ultra... 5% according to reviews. And thats to much to pay for such a small performance boost. No to mention that all 8800 GTX cards are like over $500 which is more than I'd spend anyway. I would just keep you BFG GeForce 7950 GT OC SLI Setup. The price doesn't seem worth it.
  7. LinkedKube

Well the money isnt currently the issue. I'm just looking to get to the point where I wont lag in some of the games I play, and the sli set up I have is good but I still lag.
  8. beef_jerky4104

What games do you lag in? I have no lag max setting with my rig. And I get a nice 40+ FPS.
  9. LinkedKube

I play a lot of online MMO's and first person shooters, most of them current.
  10. MetalX

But online MMO lag is because the computer has to wait for data to be sent from the MMO server.
  11. LinkedKube

This server isnt that heavy, and laggin in fear on high res is also something else, and this is the single player. I'll probably pick the up g80 SC'd version anyway.

12. MetalX

Well you don't HAVE to play FEAR at 2560x1600 ;)
  13. beef_jerky4104

Right? Lol, I only play at 1280 x1024. And that made me feel like I had a good RIG!!!
  14. LinkedKube

To each his own?
  15. beef_jerky4104

That is true...
  16. LinkedKube

Although I just got my 3 raptor drives in raid, and forgot to save my games, :( My fear and HL 2 is all gone. danget.
  17. beef_jerky4104

Dude that sucks.

Dude I want a Raptor!
  18. LinkedKube

I just learned why I can't get a good overclock on this thing, my ram isnt stable enough, I might have to pick up some dominator ram. I can get 350bus speed on my mobo, but I'm reading a review that someone got it to 410 with reall good ram. That would put me at about 3.8Ghz on my rig I think.
  19. JimShady23

JimShady23 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 651

Money ?

Can you share some of that silver spoon ? Med school and still enough money to buy all this PC gear ? I had a hard enough time working full time and paying my rent when I was going to the Technical College for an associates degree :D

Anyways if you want top reviews on this stuff, buy it and send it to my house, I will give you a full spread sheet of data :p
  20. LinkedKube

LMAO, that's great, although i do plan to get rid of some old stuff. I dont see the point of building two computers, so I guess my 8 Gigs of G skill will sit around. Also need to ship a powersupply to shaw23 I think that's his name, gonna do that this week.
  21. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,284   +24

The 8800 Ultra is just an OC'D 8800GTX with an over-inflated price tag. Get a liquid-cooled 8800GTX from MSI and OC it to Ultra speeds.
  22. LinkedKube

The GTx superclocked and Ultra are different cards, and I'm not doing liquid cooling, my room is a constant 65F Case temp is 36C, its pretty cool without it, further than that, my cpu doesnt give off much heat, currently running at 28C overclocked.
  23. beef_jerky4104

Actaully if you look at the specs of the 8800 GTX vs. the 8800 Ultra, they are the same card. There BIOSes are different. But all and 8800 Ultra is, is an overclocked 8800 GTX.

And whatever you do never buy an MSI product. They are terrible. Trust me 3failures in six-months!
  24. MetalX

Lucky... my room is a constant 30C :(
  25. LinkedKube

yeah that's the problem with air, bring all that hot room in the air into the case.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.