BFG 7950 512 SLI vs EVGA g80 superclocked single

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkedKube

I can't find any reviews comparing the g80 gtx superclocked to my current sli set, Just curious to know how it would compare. If anyone can find some good links with fps on a current game, like FEAR or something like that I'd appreciate. Or just any general 2 cents would do, thx.

/input come on people

You're right. The single GTX is something like 90% faster than dual 7900GTXs. It just depends on whether you want to spend all the money on it supersmash. We know that you won't be CPU limited at least ;)

MetalX said:
You're right. The single GTX is something like 90% faster than dual 7900GTXs. It just depends on whether you want to spend all the money on it supersmash. We know that you won't be CPU limited at least ;)

I think its more like 40%-55% MetalX. Hehe 90%!!!

(Go eVGA)

I'm lookin for the performance difference between evga's superclocked gtx and the ultra card, the price difference doesnt look good for the small performance boost you get so I hear from my friend.

the eVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTX vs. the eVGA e-GeForce 8800 Ultra... 5% according to reviews. And thats to much to pay for such a small performance boost. No to mention that all 8800 GTX cards are like over $500 which is more than I'd spend anyway. I would just keep you BFG GeForce 7950 GT OC SLI Setup. The price doesn't seem worth it.

Well the money isnt currently the issue. I'm just looking to get to the point where I wont lag in some of the games I play, and the sli set up I have is good but I still lag.

But online MMO lag is because the computer has to wait for data to be sent from the MMO server.

This server isnt that heavy, and laggin in fear on high res is also something else, and this is the single player. I'll probably pick the up g80 SC'd version anyway.

Although I just got my 3 raptor drives in raid, and forgot to save my games, :( My fear and HL 2 is all gone. danget.

I just learned why I can't get a good overclock on this thing, my ram isnt stable enough, I might have to pick up some dominator ram. I can get 350bus speed on my mobo, but I'm reading a review that someone got it to 410 with reall good ram. That would put me at about 3.8Ghz on my rig I think.

Money ?

Can you share some of that silver spoon ? Med school and still enough money to buy all this PC gear ? I had a hard enough time working full time and paying my rent when I was going to the Technical College for an associates degree :D

Anyways if you want top reviews on this stuff, buy it and send it to my house, I will give you a full spread sheet of data :p

LMAO, that's great, although i do plan to get rid of some old stuff. I dont see the point of building two computers, so I guess my 8 Gigs of G skill will sit around. Also need to ship a powersupply to shaw23 I think that's his name, gonna do that this week.

The 8800 Ultra is just an OC'D 8800GTX with an over-inflated price tag. Get a liquid-cooled 8800GTX from MSI and OC it to Ultra speeds.

The GTx superclocked and Ultra are different cards, and I'm not doing liquid cooling, my room is a constant 65F Case temp is 36C, its pretty cool without it, further than that, my cpu doesnt give off much heat, currently running at 28C overclocked.

Actaully if you look at the specs of the 8800 GTX vs. the 8800 Ultra, they are the same card. There BIOSes are different. But all and 8800 Ultra is, is an overclocked 8800 GTX.

And whatever you do never buy an MSI product. They are terrible. Trust me 3failures in six-months!

supersmashbrada said:
The GTx superclocked and Ultra are different cards, and I'm not doing liquid cooling, my room is a constant 65F Case temp is 36C, its pretty cool without it, further than that, my cpu doesnt give off much heat, currently running at 28C overclocked.
Lucky... my room is a constant 30C :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back