BGF Geforce 6200 256MB Vs Geforce 5500 256MB PCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt say its not good, its plays about 95% of all of my 400 games just fine, even at high settiNGS. jUST the other day i was playing flatou2 at the highest settings possible, and it run near 60fps. So the 5500 might be old, but its pretty good.

I will stick with this card tho, but if i happen to find the 6200 at a cheap price, i will pick it up and test it out.

Peace, thanks.

if u will look for the 6200 on online stores u will find it on many and it is not expensive.

There is a e-gerforce 6200 pci that uses ddr2 ram, I got it for 50$ off the dell website and i like it. But no you shouldnt buy a new one. If you read the sticky post about pci cards in this section, it will tell you they actualy announced they are coming out with 7600 and 8200 pci video cards. Wich will completely blow away any pci card out right now. So dont get the 6200, even if those cards werent coming out id say dont get the 6200, simply because pci is outdated. It only has 4 pipelines. Agp has 8 and pci-e has 16. You can get a mobo with a agp or pci-e slot for like 35-50$, that is probaly way better then the one you have now. And then you could get a agp or pci-e video card, and any card you buy for agp or pci-e will be at least twice as good as a pci card of the same price. If I knew this before i boughy this video card i would have replaced my mobo n bought a agp or pci-e card. Its still a good call and all but for a extra 35-50$ it would be like what 4-5 times faster? With the 500 to 800 fsb and a agp or pci-e card.

Dude, no disrespect, but when someone ask about a pci card, about 99% of the time they dont want to hear about how pci cards arent that good, and you should upgrade, blah blah ok. lol

Unlike some folks i like PCI cards, and i am using windows98se ,and my computer is pretty fast, and out of all of my 400 + pc games, i can play about 90% of them at the highest levels, flatout 2, far cry, the matrix, etc.

I plan to buy a secondary computer , xp pro for those newer games, but this computer i have here, i am never giving away. It has pci slots, no big deal. OK! Thanks for the infromation on the 2 new PCI cards coming out, i guess i will pick up the 8200 or 7600, whatever which one is cheaper or better of course.

peace

I know what you mean, Iv got a pci slot and I wish i would have known all that b4 i bought a pci card. I would have spent the extra 35$ if i had known.

No, i like PCI. I only have PCI slots and i am happy with my computer. sO you really dont know what i mean lol.

If you can't find any more info out about the 7300gt or 8500gt pci cards, then I'd say get the pci x1300. It has the same power supply requirement as a pci 6200 (250w), so it should work for you. The x1550 by diamond I believe is faster as I think it's a 128bit card, but it has "420watt" power supply requirement.

How much of a difference is the X1300 VS THE Geforce 6200?
Just wondering, i mean say i buy it, would it be the best option for pci , if i cant find the 7300 or 8500?

Tha General said:
I wouldnt say its not good, its plays about 95% of all of my 400 games just fine, even at high settiNGS.

Peace, thanks.

Then you must play some old games. Try maxing out Doom 3 or GoW.

Well if i cant max out with doom, thats ok. I can play games at 800x600 and be happy.

Anyway, i'm going to either buy the x1300 or geforce 6200 and whatever one is cheaper, i'm going for it.

The EVGA over at newegg looks great, i might pick it up. The X1300 is too high at newegg tho. So as i said those are the 2 cards which i planned to buy next and final for this computer, windows98se.

I am buying a super xp computer in a few months tho, to play those newer games. And no i am not buying vista, i wont buy or upgrade to vista from XP until like 3-4 years from now.

peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back