BIOS is screwing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chisel N Gel

I just bought a new 945P-A motherboard and i was trying to install it in my new computer. When I turn on my computer I get a "CMOS Checksum error bad" message along with a "Overclocking failed!!!" message. I try to go change the settings in the BIOS to what they are supposed to be, I save and exit, then my computer restarts. Then it comes up with the same checksum thing. I go into the Bios and all of the settings are erased! the only thing that's the same is the date and time!
I hooked everything up right (I have checked several times) and I've taken everything extra out of my computer to make sure that's not the problem.
Help!

my system includes:

945P-A ECS elitegroup mobo
Geforce 7950GT vid card
(2 gb) OCZ DDR2 PC2-5400 Gold GX XTC Dual Channel RAM
Intel dual core 2.8ghz LGA775 processor

If the date and time are still right the battery is fine.
Look on your install disk for the MB for a copy of your BIOS and a flash program and re flash the BIOS. if you can't find it on the CD get it from the manufacturers website.

many mobos with dual core processors require a BIOS update. Get a copy of the latest for your specific mobo from the manufactuers website. Using a REAL floppy drive, install it. Then reboot like before. ENSURE you are patient with the flashing process. Failure to complete the process thoroughly will yield a brain dead mobo.

I now tried both of those things but nothing is working. I can't not go into the bios because of the checksum error. Once i exit the bios my computer restarts too, and that happens in all of the different situations i can think of. I can't get my computer to boot off a floppy or disc because the boot sequence in the bios can't be changed. If i can get the ability to save my setting everything would be fine.

Chisel N Gel said:
I now tried both of those things but nothing is working. I can't not go into the bios because of the checksum error. Once i exit the bios my computer restarts too, and that happens in all of the different situations i can think of. I can't get my computer to boot off a floppy or disc because the boot sequence in the bios can't be changed. If i can get the ability to save my setting everything would be fine.

I see that you have OCZ memory. Have you configured timings and voltage manually? If not, then try to set timings to 2-2-2-12 and make sure voltage is 1.9. If that does not help then I suspect that there is something else in BIOS that needs to be manually set because the default settings wont cut it. BIOS will not save the settings when it fails boot, it will simply restore them to previous settings.

My ram has the right voltage settings and everything. I checked every setting in the bios and the settings aren't wierd, i just can't change them. I think it's a bad motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back