Bios Password needed Dell Latitude 610

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've a Dell Latitude 610 laptop that I bought on Ebay. Unfortunately the seller didn't provide me with the Bios password. I've been reading the other threads and I've tried the latitude.exe program but my service key doesn't work as its a 595b.

24K7V1J-595B

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated!

Cheers
email removed

Dell Latitude password needed too!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I've tried all the suggestions apart from opening up laptop. The service key ending in 595B seems to be a more tricky problem to solve. Rustram seems to have magic software that could provide me with a password but I haven't been able to contact him! Mail box full...

Should I repost in the other thread?

Cheers

I could send the master password by E-Mail only in case if I'll see here the shared story about a way of getting trouble with password and if it convinced me to help.
Also I have a instant messaging system for MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, see my profile.
haggispie said:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I've tried all the suggestions apart from opening up laptop. The service key ending in 595B seems to be a more tricky problem to solve. Rustram seems to have magic software that could provide me with a password but I haven't been able to contact him! Mail box full...

Should I repost in the other thread?

Cheers

Dell Latitude Bios

Hi,

Thanks to Rustram I have input the password to the grey screen!

But now im faced with username Password login box. I can't seem to get into the F2 change boot sequence or safemode without passing this screen.

Also, do you always have to input bios password on restart?

Cheers

haggispie said:
Hi,

Thanks to Rustram I have input the password to the grey screen!

But now im faced with username Password login box. I can't seem to get into the F2 change boot sequence or safemode without passing this screen.

Also, do you always have to input bios password on restart?

Cheers

As soon as the LAPTOP starts up hold down the F2 key, you will then be asked for the password supplied by Rustam, as soon as you press the enter key hold down the F2 key, this will take you into the BIOS, go to the page for passwords and disable them by following the instructions at the right side of the screen. you can also change the boot order from here.

If the OS has a password that you dont know then do a search for removing windows passwords in google, I cant tell you how to do it here due to legal reasons.

If you need any more help let me know.

Dell Inspiron 2200 Password Help

I bought a computer on ebay that is asking me for a password at the boot.

The message i am receiving is " this computer # HJJ4N81-595B is protected by ..."
The bios revision is A05 - it is a DELL INSPIRON 2200 AND the service tag is : HJJ481

Please, help me. I need this laptop for my classes.

Bert

Latitude C610 BIOS Password

I also have a C610 with a service tag that end with -595B. The service tag is D9YKV11-595B. I have tried everything except shorting the chip trick. If anyone can help or if you have a password that works it would be most helpful.

rustam_ said:
I could send the master password by E-Mail only in case if I'll see here the shared story about a way of getting trouble with password and if it convinced me to help.

I am from Serbia (country in the south-east Europe...You know, the one that has been into wars over last decade). One month ago, i purchased Dell latitude D610, but not from Dell directly, because there is no official Dell here, in Belgrade, but over E-bay. My cousin, from Germany, bought it for me, since we cannot yet trade with west so easily.

The tag is #3Y72B2J-595B

Thanx in advance

email removed

DELL Latitude C600 BIOS Password

Hi.
I bought a Dell C600 Latitude laptop through eBay and when I turned it on I got the following message:
" This computer system, # 488631S-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.
Please type in the primary or administrator password and press <Enter> "

The Service tag is #488631S.

Can you help please?

Dell C600 BIOS Password

Hi.
The guy who sold me the laptop has contacted someone named Weng Hoi Kok at DELL who generated the password v4lwt6aq for me.

But I have tried that and variations using upper and lower case, but wth no luck. I was also told to try CTL + Enter, but still no luck.

When you enter the password do astrixs appear on the screen? Is there any way of telling if my keyboard (besides the Return key) is working?

Anyone have any ideas besides opening up the guts of the machine (sorry Paragon33, but I am not adept enough to fool around with the insides :grinthumb).

aloha,

could you help me? my laptop is a Dell D610. my uncle is an icehead and did crazy things to it. sorry if too much info. i also called Dell but felt very confused because the man did not help me either and i had a hard time understanding. i'm also going to have to find out what password he put on there for windows.

122M5B1-595B email removed

any help would be much appreciated

need assistance from rustam_

I have a dell inspiron 2200 and have locked myself out :(

I got it used, and sucessfully completed the transfer of ownership online with dell, however, they still will not help me. :mad: I have spoken with them several times.

the service tag is: 386CW81-595B

thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

rob

rustam_ said:

help i've been hornswaggled

so i traded for dell latitude c610 on craigslist from a computer dealer. said computer dealer was shady enough to lock bios and not register the drive geometry so when my wife caused the inevitable stack fault error in winxp, i could not reload it. and he wanted 200$ to fix. i have a tech copy of windows since im a tech myself, however i can't get access to the master password, and my friend who's also a tech accidentally locked down the system entirely. if anyone knows the master pw for this model i will be forever in your debt if you could toss it to me.

To anyone who can Help!!!

My story is something different. Dell Latitude D610 was given to me by my friend "who is in UK now". and since then i wasnt able to format it....as i cant boot it from cd drive. It is disabled from BIOS. Bios is password protected..

I tried latitude.exe, but it didnt worked and havent tried to open it. Can anyone help me!!!
Service tag: F78ZG1S,
Bios Ver.- A05

Please!!!

that laptop was given to him by his company...where he doesnt work anmore...so he cant get the settings!!!...can anyone help me please!!!!

vaiobuddy said:
My story is something different. Dell Latitude D610 was given to me by my friend "who is in UK now". and since then i wasnt able to format it....as i cant boot it from cd drive. It is disabled from BIOS. Bios is password protected..

I tried latitude.exe, but it didnt worked and havent tried to open it. Can anyone help me!!!
Service tag: F78ZG1S,
Bios Ver.- A05

Please!!!

Yep use the DST software from my site, any problems use the email me link on the site.

Regards

jgupte said:
Hi.
The guy who sold me the laptop has contacted someone named Weng Hoi Kok at DELL who generated the password v4lwt6aq for me.

But I have tried that and variations using upper and lower case, but wth no luck. I was also told to try CTL + Enter, but still no luck.

When you enter the password do astrixs appear on the screen? Is there any way of telling if my keyboard (besides the Return key) is working?

Anyone have any ideas besides opening up the guts of the machine (sorry Paragon33, but I am not adept enough to fool around with the insides :grinthumb).

The C600 is one of the easiest to do (hence my name), no stars appear when you input the tag.

Stripping the laptop down is a pain but if your methodical about it, its easy and just requires a bit of patience. you can get the strip down manual from the dell site.
There is a picture of the chip location on my site and use pins 3 and 5 short the chip with the battery in and connected to the mains for about 4 seconds then remove the battery and mains and short whilst pressing the power button about 10 times fast.

You should then get the manufacturer screen, press the FN key and the X key and your done.

Then run the DST software to replace the tag.

Sorted....

Regards

hawaiian said:
aloha,

could you help me? my laptop is a Dell D610. my uncle is an icehead and did crazy things to it. sorry if too much info. i also called Dell but felt very confused because the man did not help me either and i had a hard time understanding. i'm also going to have to find out what password he put on there for windows.

122M5B1-595B email removed

any help would be much appreciated

SO is it a laptop password, or one that stops you getting into windows, they are 2 different things and I cant help until you tell me.

Regards

eshawgo said:
I also have a C610 with a service tag that end with -595B. The service tag is D9YKV11-595B. I have tried everything except shorting the chip trick. If anyone can help or if you have a password that works it would be most helpful.

See the advice I gave Jgupte above the C610 is a similar method..

Regards

Hello,
My name is Perry, i am new to this site, i found this post and would like to know if this password would work for a Dell Latitude D610. any help would be appreciated. i hope this is the correct way to respond.

Tarmacian said:
Hello,
My name is Perry, i am new to this site, i found this post and would like to know if this password would work for a Dell Latitude D610. any help would be appreciated. i hope this is the correct way to respond.

just take a look at http://www.ihatedell.info/ it works fine for your D610. ClassIdol.com ask for 100$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back